Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rough country help

Old 01-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
JCMINIS is on a distinguished road

JCMINIS's Tacoma Gallery
Rough country help

If I missed it in my search please redirect me.

I am looking for a lift 2-3" that I can install in my driveway,without going to find a shop with a spring compressor,my truck is my only vehicle so I cant go running around town.I need to install and drive to a alignment shop.Looking at this one but cant find any info on it..

http://store.4wheelingplus.com/prodd...artner=froogle

Thanks !!!!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #2
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
I would try to find some guys locally that can help you with a different lift. For 50 bucks more you can get the Toytec lift or you can get Bilsteins on all 4 corners for around 279. Just my opinion, I would stay away from spacers and blocks. Ask around, I'm sure there are some people that may help.

Gary
Old 01-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #3
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
could you take the truck to a shop and let them install new shocks for you?

I'm not a big fan of spacer lifts...
Old 01-08-2009, 06:09 PM   #5
RC51 is on a distinguished road

Name: mike
RC51's Tacoma Gallery
Why not use spacer. I was looking at 3in spacer.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:14 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Why not use spacer. I was looking at 3in spacer.
Ask 06Bluez. He knows ALL about spacers.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:19 PM   #7
RC51 is on a distinguished road

Name: mike
RC51's Tacoma Gallery
How do i find 06Bluez
Old 01-08-2009, 06:22 PM   #8
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
How do i find 06Bluez
Just read through this link: http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=137
Old 01-08-2009, 09:02 PM   #10

JCMINIS's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks,the lift is mainly for looks,as it dosent get offroad much if at all.Maby I am looking at the kit wrong,from my eyes,if the strut dosent have to be disassembled how would the ride quality change much ? I see how a coil spacer would harshen up the ride as it is putting more pressure on the spring.Is my thinking wrong ? Also I would love a set of coil overs but 250ish is about as much as I can spend on a lift without the misses raising an eye brow,lol.

Thanks
Old 01-09-2009, 06:16 AM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMINIS View Post
Thanks,the lift is mainly for looks,as it dosent get offroad much if at all.Maby I am looking at the kit wrong,from my eyes,if the strut dosent have to be disassembled how would the ride quality change much ? I see how a coil spacer would harshen up the ride as it is putting more pressure on the spring.Is my thinking wrong ? Also I would love a set of coil overs but 250ish is about as much as I can spend on a lift without the misses raising an eye brow,lol.

Thanks
A top plate spacer wont affect the ride quality, but it legthens the shock/spring assembly. It will ruin your ball joints, and can break your shocks if you hit a pot hole or something. 06Bluez had a 3" top plate lift on his truck for 5000 miles, and his Ball joints were destroyed. He did some mild off rooading, and his front shock brock in half.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #12

JCMINIS's Tacoma Gallery
Ah thanks !! Dont need that for sure.Back to the drawing board.LOL,,Thanks again