Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec Lift: OME3-05-AL

Old 08-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beast Mode's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec Lift: OME3-05-AL

I'm looking for some feedback on this lift for my 2012 DCSB 4x4. The kit includes OME 884 or 885 springs top out spacer for full 3" in front and 2" AAL for the rear. Any feedback on how it rides and your experience with it would be great.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Get the 885's
b/c it's a DC or height wise?
Old 08-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #5
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast Mode View Post
b/c it's a DC or height wise?
Both. Get the 885's. Ride is firm but not bad. Drives like a truck should drive with it. To me, a lot better than stock.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrustic View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...over-edge.html

I'm happy with my 884's but I like the rake.
Good looking rig greenrustic. So far the only two people who responded have MGM...just so happens I do too!

It seems that the lift that I'm asking about is rare. Or rather they go the extra mile and replace the shocks/struts in addition to the OME springs & AALs.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
Both. Get the 885's. Ride is firm but not bad. Drives like a truck should drive with it. To me, a lot better than stock.
Great, thanks for the insight.

On my last Tacoma ('07) I did the 5100/Eibach lift, liked it, but I'd like to get by a little cheaper this time around if I can w/o using spacers. Do you think the 885's coupled with stock bilstein sport shocks will be okay? firmer or softer then 5100's?

Thanks again.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #8
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good looking rig greenrustic. So far the only two people who responded have MGM...just so happens I do too!

It seems that the lift that I'm asking about is rare. Or rather they go the extra mile and replace the shocks/struts in addition to the OME springs & AALs.
Thanks.

I just pieced my own kit together:
OME 884's
OME 90000 Shocks (front)
trim packer for the drivers side
Center Bearing Drop kit
Icon Progressive 3-leaf pack (didn't want a harsh riding single leaf and didn't want to spring for the dakar pack at least not yet)
Rear OME shocks (still need to purchase these)
Old 08-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #9
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Great, thanks for the insight.

On my last Tacoma ('07) I did the 5100/Eibach lift, liked it, but I'd like to get by a little cheaper this time around if I can w/o using spacers. Do you think the 885's coupled with stock bilstein sport shocks will be okay? firmer or softer then 5100's?

Thanks again.
OME isn't cheaper than 5100's. Use the OME Sport shock's. I bought the Full OME kit with the dakars. Total with shipping to me was $1382 with the TW discount through Toytec. I had the front shocks assembled for $100 with all the new parts so it was a simple bolt on when I received it. I also got the top spacers for the full 3" lift. I can't answer about how the 5100's ride, I've never seen a truck in person with them or rode in one.

This is the kit I bought, I added the Dakars and the carrier bearing drop. I got the diff drop but didn't use it.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

You can save some money by going with the AAL over the Dakars. I tow a good bit and it's usually heavy when I do so the Dakars were a better option for me. I can tell you I am very happy with the performance of the Dakars though. I had at least 400 lbs in the bed with a bass boat hooked to the back and the truck still sat level.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
OME isn't cheaper than 5100's. Use the OME Sport shock's. I bought the Full OME kit with the dakars. Total with shipping to me was $1382 with the TW discount through Toytec. I had the front shocks assembled for $100 with all the new parts so it was a simple bolt on when I received it. I also got the top spacers for the full 3" lift. I can't answer about how the 5100's ride, I've never seen a truck in person with them or rode in one.

This is the kit I bought, I added the Dakars and the carrier bearing drop. I got the diff drop but didn't use it.
[
You can save some money by going with the AAL over the Dakars. I tow a good bit and it's usually heavy when I do so the Dakars were a better option for me. I can tell you I am very happy with the performance of the Dakars though. I had at least 400 lbs in the bed with a bass boat hooked to the back and the truck still sat level.
Thanks Medic, sounds like you have a pretty sick setup. Spending that kind of cash is what I'm trying to avoid. toytec offers the lift I mentioned as a complete lift.
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
It would give me the full 3" i'm looking for $300. I just need to find someone who has it and can provide some feedback. They say it's a "best seller" yet I'm not seeing many who rock it.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #11
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrustic View Post
Thanks.

I just pieced my own kit together:
OME 884's
OME 90000 Shocks (front)
trim packer for the drivers side
Center Bearing Drop kit
Icon Progressive 3-leaf pack (didn't want a harsh riding single leaf and didn't want to spring for the dakar pack at least not yet)
Rear OME shocks (still need to purchase these)
Running the same as this, but with 885s and a Wheeler's 3 leaf AAL, as well as LR UCAs. Very happy with it.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #12

Damnit!!! This site has done it again....convinced me to spend $1000!!

After all of your opinions on setups and further review I have in hand the OME 885 springs, full OME shocks/struts, and AAL. Since I'm going to use the top plate spacer for the full 3" I just ordered some LR UCAs. I cannot believe the deal Fat Bob's Garage has on the UCAs, after the forum promo code they're $100 off.

Thank you everyone for convincing me that doing it right the first time was the way to go.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:09 AM   #13
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
You'll be happy. Good luck. Are you going to do the install yourself? I did mine in my driveway its easy. If you have any questions let us know.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #14

I've been thinking about doing it myself if I had someone who knew what they were doing to help. The most experience I have with lifts is doing a body lift on my 2008 4Runner last year. Rustic, how long was the install? Did you have prior experience with susupension installs?

I posted in the regional forum for help with no replies so I may just pay for it to be done. I would love the experience so if anyone is interested in helping me out and live in the Portland Metro area I'll supply the beer and pizza.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #15
Quote:
I've been thinking about doing it myself if I had someone who knew what they were doing to help. The most experience I have with lifts is doing a body lift on my 2008 4Runner last year. Rustic, how long was the install? Did you have prior experience with susupension installs?

I posted in the regional forum for help with no replies so I may just pay for it to be done. I would love the experience so if anyone is interested in helping me out and live in the Portland Metro area I'll supply the beer and pizza.
Its all basic nuts and bolts stuff. I have rebuilt front ends on cars and trucks before so I know the basics. I also have a pretty good collection of tools. I have always thought in life that if that guy can do it then so can I and that I care more about my stuff than anyone else does.

This was my first suspension lift (did a body lift on my CJ-7 when I was 16, won't do that again). I followed the advise in the threads below...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...econd-gen.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ll-method.html

It took me about 5.5-6 hours by myself in my driveway. I would have preferred help but I couldn't round anyone up.

Good luck and there is no shame in having someone else do it...it's just fun to save the coin for another mod.

Been thinking about moving out to Oregon my wife wants to go to a school for nutrition out there, but its not gonna happen for at least a year.