Notices

New 3" Lift Kit Suggestions

Old 08-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
Tyler08 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
Tyler08's Tacoma Gallery
New 3" Lift Kit Suggestions

Hey guys,

I got an 08 short box with the Revtek 3" lift kit and I'm not too happy with it at all. With the pucks in the front and blocks in the rear it rides very rough on the highways. I'm looking for a new suspension lift that is softer and rides a bit nicer down the highways and gravel roads.

Any suggestions as what i should get? What do you guys think of the Toytec lift, the Fabtech lift, or maybe the Pro Comp lift? I would like to keep the 3" lift due to parking in parkades and its cheaper than the 6" lift kits.

Thanks in advance,

Ty.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec will be alot better than fabtech or pro comp. A cheaper alternative would be OME set up, or bilstein with eibachs. Blocks and spacers are absolutely horrible for ride quality.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
OME - http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

toytec - http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Bilstein - http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 08-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
HossNFross Per "Oz"
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Or, I will push the new IronMan4x4 lift... it is only a 2" but it is a better lift if you don't have the additional cash for the UCA's.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
If you have the dough I would invest in the OME.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #7
Tyler08 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
Tyler08's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, sorry for the very late reply just been super busy lately. yeah i saw the toytec ultimate lift kit and was leaning towards that one. what are your thoughts about that lift?

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 10-16-2012, 05:03 AM   #8
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of TW members run that kit and love it. It's a complete kit minus new UCA's.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:24 AM   #9
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
OME full kit. Leafs, shocks, spacer plate, UCAs. Can't go wrong
Old 10-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #10
1989supraturbo is on a distinguished road

Air Force: MSE Op CFB Comox
1989supraturbo's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed my Procomp 3" on the weekend and today i'm getting the 280/70/17's.
Despite what people on the forums have been saying, This kit is pretty good and a bit more stiff then the cushy OEM stuff. Mind you these threads are a few years old and I imagine Procomp have fixed any issues because I haven't had any and install was simple.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #11
SemperFiTacoma
SemperFiTacoma is on a distinguished road

Marines: 1371 Combat Engineer
SemperFiTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
what is the difference between the ultimate lift from toytec and the 5100 kit they sell. only dif i see is the price tag but can somenody help me out?
Old 10-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #12
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Tell us a little more about what kind of offroading you will be doing. There are a bunch of solid options out there that will suit you needs better than the spacer lift you have now.

As other said you really cant go wrong with the OME kit which is new shocks, struts the Dakar leaf pack. The next step would be adding an upper control arm, I personally prefer the Camburg arm. The next step up from that would be an adjustable coilover like one from Icon Radflo Fox or King. With some more information we can get you in a kit that will best suit your needs