Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Ultimate lift kit for 2005-2009 Tacoma

Old 01-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
nurseboy has a spectacular aura aboutnurseboy has a spectacular aura about

nurseboy's Tacoma Gallery
Ultimate lift kit for 2005-2009 Tacoma

Sorry for another "should i get this post or what do you guys think post" but here goes.

What do you guys think of this kit. The "Ultimate lift kit for 2005-2009 Tacoma" sold by toyteclifts.com. If I purchased that along with the TC upper control arms that everyone is suggesting to get, would I be good to go for my full set up? Do i really need the...
TT-RS - rear axle degree shims for proper pinion angle alignment (Not pictured) and UB-4 - (4) new rear ubolts (not pictured) .. in the kit. Im not sure that those are even for. From reading other peoples set up, i haven't read anything about those two products. I dont want to be payinf for things i dont really need. And from what ive been reading on the forums people are suggesting to get the Bilstein shocks or the OME shocks for the rear. Should i just buy that kit or build my own.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #2
mneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nice

mneuls's Tacoma Gallery
it's a good idea to replace the ubolts on your leaf springs. apparently they are a one time use kind of thing, because they get tightened so much that the threads get a bit distorted. plus for how cheap they are, why not replace them, it'd be crappy if one ever failed.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:15 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

That looks like a pretty good kit to me! Now I'm not sure about the TT-RS or the UB-4's but everything else looks good. I myself just pieced my lift kit together like you were thinking of doing.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:17 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneuls View Post
it's a good idea to replace the ubolts on your leaf springs. apparently they are a one time use kind of thing, because they get tightened so much that the threads get a bit distorted. plus for how cheap they are, why not replace them, it'd be crappy if one ever failed.
Hey now that's got me thinking. I never replaced my U-bolts because my kit never came with them from toytec. Now is it really a "bad" thing if I'm running my stock ones?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:20 PM   #5
mneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nice

mneuls's Tacoma Gallery
i don't really know. it might just bed propaganda to get you to buy them. like undercoat. or it could be legit. i'm not sure.

what kind of lift did you get on your rear end? i'm looking for one myself, but i'm leaning towards a full leaf pack.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:23 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneuls View Post
i don't really know. it might just bed propaganda to get you to buy them. like undercoat. or it could be legit. i'm not sure.
Yeah I ain't to worried about it. I'm sure if it was that important, someone like chris4x4 would tell me.