LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old Man Emu Suspension Question (2012 Taco)

Old 08-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Makin' it Hail
Kylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 89D EOD
Name: Rick
Kylsix's Tacoma Gallery
Old Man Emu Suspension Question (2012 Taco)

I've been shopping around for OME suspension and lifts, I found some good stuff on what I'll need, but I was looking for information more specific to a 2012 Tacoma, which seems to be limited still. Everything I have seems to apply to Gen 1's, not Gen 2's.

I'd like to put a 2.75" OME lift on my 2012 Taco. What exact parts do I need to accomplish a 2.75" lift? Any idea how much it might cost?
Old 08-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
As long as your are looking at 2nd gen you are getting the correct information. Sounds like you will want the 885 coils. They should give you about 2.5" of lift up front. If you want to get to 2.75" you would need an 1/8" top plate space but I don't think anyone makes one. You could go with a 1/4" top plate space but that would put you around 3" up front. You can also do the trim packer to help with the drivers side taco lean. As for the rear you can go with an 1.5" or 2" AAL either single leaf or progressive 3 pack OR you can go with the full Dakar leaf spring with the OME kit. There is a thread that has the average lifts achieved with the Dakar pack.

As for price...I found the whole kit for just over $1000 with free shipping from Scott at Truck-Add-Ons (vendor on this site) but I ended up going with 884's (just under 2" of lift up front) and an Icon progressive 3 pack for the rear (got 2" because I left the over load leaf in).

Also when you get the front up around 2.5" or more you may need to go with new UCA's.

Good Luck...
Old 08-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrustic View Post
As long as your are looking at 2nd gen you are getting the correct information. Sounds like you will want the 885 coils. They should give you about 2.5" of lift up front. If you want to get to 2.75" you would need an 1/8" top plate space but I don't think anyone makes one. You could go with a 1/4" top plate space but that would put you around 3" up front. You can also do the trim packer to help with the drivers side taco lean. As for the rear you can go with an 1.5" or 2" AAL either single leaf or progressive 3 pack OR you can go with the full Dakar leaf spring with the OME kit. There is a thread that has the average lifts achieved with the Dakar pack.

As for price...I found the whole kit for just over $1000 with free shipping from Scott at Truck-Add-Ons (vendor on this site) but I ended up going with 884's (just under 2" of lift up front) and an Icon progressive 3 pack for the rear (got 2" because I left the over load leaf in).

Also when you get the front up around 2.5" or more you may need to go with new UCA's.

Good Luck...
Whenever someone asks this question I'm going to copy & paste this info.. Good stuff
Old 08-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Search 885 coils.
Tons of info around here. Some can get kind of confusing, but it should all clear up. I have read over many many threads on this topic, and have finally made my decision. I am pulling the trigger this coming week. Woot!
You can always call toytech. I did and they confirmed what I had suspected, and he helped me make up my mind. Real nice helpful guy I talked to.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Whenever someone asks this question I'm going to copy & paste this info.. Good stuff
Yeah I read about this stuff until my eyes were bleeding so I gotta share what I learned...
Old 08-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #7
Makin' it Hail
Kylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 89D EOD
Name: Rick
Kylsix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Good Luck...
That's awesome info, thanks man. If I understand correctly, you don't lift the front end as much?
Old 08-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylsix View Post
That's awesome info, thanks man. If I understand correctly, you don't lift the front end as much?
It depends on the look or function you want. I like my truck to have a little rake and I had no need to go any higher up front.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #9
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I read about this stuff until my eyes were bleeding so I gotta share what I learned...
X2 I did the same, good stuff none-the-less.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #10
Hang on, I saw this done in a cartoon once!
mdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mdkingen's Tacoma Gallery
I went the old man emu route on my 2012 regular cab. I went with 884 springs with no 1/2 inch spacers as it is a regular cab and it shoved the front end up 2 and 3/4 inches. I was told not to worry about uca's until I get to 3 inches and I have had no problems what-so-ever, aligned just fine. I did an A.A.L. in the rear and it is very stiff and a little too high for my liking. I would go with a new leaf pack next time or maybe just a 1 inch block. Purchased through toy tec and it was $850.09 with coils and struts assembled.