LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5100 shocks all the way around?

Old 08-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
tristen is on a distinguished road
Name: Tristen
tristen's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 shocks all the way around?

I'm looking at getting a 1.5" aal in the rear, and would it be better to just get the front shocks rather than getting front and rear?
Old 08-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
tristen is on a distinguished road
Name: Tristen
tristen's Tacoma Gallery
goodnight bump
Old 08-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
It would be better to buy them all.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
you're gonna want an extended shock in the rear with the AAL
Old 08-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Rear 5100 are too short. They have a nice ride though.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #7
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdNick View Post
you're gonna want an extended shock in the rear with the AAL
Yep, im pretty sure 5100s are only good for 0-1" lift in the back, so youll want to look at the longer versions like the 5125 or 5150s, not sure which one of those two but look around on google
Old 08-07-2012, 05:24 AM   #8
Raz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Raz4back's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinramsay View Post
Yep, im pretty sure 5100s are only good for 0-1" lift in the back, so youll want to look at the longer versions like the 5125 or 5150s, not sure which one of those two but look around on google
The standard length will work with a 1.5 AAL. I'm running them on mine with a non TSB 1.5 AAL with no issues.

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-51...ar-shocks.html
Old 08-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #9
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz4back View Post
The standard length will work with a 1.5 AAL. I'm running them on mine with a non TSB 1.5 AAL with no issues.

Except the loss of travel. If your goal is a shkrt travel street truck there is no downside. Most people will want improved articulation though.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #10
Raz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Except the loss of travel. If your goal is a shkrt travel street truck there is no downside. Most people will want improved articulation though.

My truck is far from a street truck. I don't own a 4 wheeler and from September to February(deer and duck season) and again in April and May(Turkey season) my truck is offroad weekly.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #11
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Rear 5100 are too short. They have a nice ride though.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
My truck is far from a street truck. I don't own a 4 wheeler and from September to February(deer and duck season) and again in April and May(Turkey season) my truck is offroad weekly.
Before you guys get all excited, you should probably refer to the correct parts for a 1st gen, not a 2nd gen.

OP, here is the link to the 1st gen full set of all four, says the rears will work with 1.5 AAL, but bumpstops may need some mod:

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html
Old 08-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Before you guys get all excited, you should probably refer to the correct parts for a 1st gen, not a 2nd gen.

OP, here is the link to the 1st gen full set of all four, says the rears will work with 1.5 AAL, but bumpstops may need some mod:

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html
My fault, I'm on the mobile site and it doesn't show what year truck the OP has
Old 08-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #13
yfz450admirer1 is on a distinguished road
yfz450admirer1's Tacoma Gallery
I have 5100s now adding 1.5 AAL

I have the 5100s on the front at the 1.75 which leveled the truck out when installed a few years back. The rear leafs are spent so I purchased a 1.5 AAL. How will the performance match up? I guess my truck won't be leveled any more, but the back is so soft now I needed to do something with the leaves.
1998 Tacoma Extended Cab 4x4 with 114,000 miles