1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

little help.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by scotty225, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Aug 6, 2012 at 9:34 PM
    scotty225

scotty225 [OP] Scotty Doesnt Know

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    San Marcos, Ca
    so i am new to the taco world. i had a 550 whp evo which i just sold. so i just got a 2012 tacoma, i need a little help with a lift set up. i want to run the bfd wheels on some 285 65 18. but i want to run the Toytec/Bilstein height adjustable coilovers which are the 5100 with theToytec/Eibach coil, and the ICON Uniball UCA. but what do have to run in the rear. i want the front to be an half of inch higher then the back, i dont want the whole cali lift where the front is like really high and the rear is stock. can i run an 1 inch block spacer or do an aal in the rear, all that would be in there is my 2 dirtbikes that i go to the track. so i really wont go offroading to much. thank you for the help and hopefully you guys can help me out.

2. Aug 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM
    ae111black

ae111black Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kimo
    Hilo Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport
    plenty
    I'd go with the icon 3leaf AAL with the helper in place

3. Aug 7, 2012 at 6:11 AM
    BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Doublecab TRD Sport Debadged
    Camburg 4" Spindles, Icon CB 2.5 adjustables front and rear, Total Chaos Upper/Lower CAs, Alcan 5" Rear Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, 5" SS Brakelines, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" KMC Monsters, Grill Craft Black Mesh Upper, Predator Running Boards, All Pro Rear Bumper and Hitch, Wet Okole Covers, Toyota Roof Rack, Limo Tint, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Mats, Redline Hood Struts, Red Top Odyssey battery, BDF Light Bar, Foglight anytime Mod, Lo Pro QT Truxedo Tonneau cover, Rocky Mount Bike Pegs.
    I had the Toytec Ultimate kit with the adjustable coilovers and 5100's. The kit comes with the OME add-a-leaf for the rear. I used the 1.5" add-a-leaf because I had the TSB done to my rear leaf (4 leaf). If you don't have the TSB (3 leaf) then Toytec includes a 2" add-a-leaf with the kit. You can essentially just use the 2" if you have the TSB to bring the rear up .5" higher from being level.

4. Aug 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM
    scotty225

scotty225 [OP] Scotty Doesnt Know

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    San Marcos, Ca
    ok cool so i just looked and i have the 3 leaf. so what is the diff with the 4 leaf. but what if i did the 3 leaf and installed the 1.5 how do you think that would look?

5. Aug 7, 2012 at 6:15 PM
    BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Doublecab TRD Sport Debadged
    Camburg 4" Spindles, Icon CB 2.5 adjustables front and rear, Total Chaos Upper/Lower CAs, Alcan 5" Rear Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, 5" SS Brakelines, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" KMC Monsters, Grill Craft Black Mesh Upper, Predator Running Boards, All Pro Rear Bumper and Hitch, Wet Okole Covers, Toyota Roof Rack, Limo Tint, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Mats, Redline Hood Struts, Red Top Odyssey battery, BDF Light Bar, Foglight anytime Mod, Lo Pro QT Truxedo Tonneau cover, Rocky Mount Bike Pegs.
    Do you have 3 leafs + the overload leaf? If so then you would have the TSB. If you see only 2 leafs and the overload leaf then you don't have it. The Toyota Service Bulletin (TSB) is done at the factory to give added support in the rear because many of our trucks didn't have it and the rear would sag with a small load in the bed or nothing at all sometimes...mine sure did. You can research it here. If it is still under warranty then I would go ahead and get the better leaf pack and then just do the 1.5" add-a-leaf installed. Or, get the 2" add-a-leaf if it is out of warranty or you don't feel like messing with the TSB, to give you the extra height to go with the front setup.

You will essentially be perfectly level with either setup I discussed. Toytec can help you decide also if you give them a call. They will tell you exactly what I have said.

6. Aug 7, 2012 at 11:09 PM
    ae111black

ae111black Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kimo
    Hilo Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport
    plenty
    OP said they had a '12 so unless they have a OR they probably have the TSB 4 leaf set up.

Products Discussed in

To Top