Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suspension on a $1000 budget

Old 08-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
tacosaucer is on a distinguished road

Name: Kris
tacosaucer's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension on a $1000 budget

I have about a grand i can spend on suspension. ive been through countless threads. looked at long travel, mid travel, coilovers, deaver leaf springs etc. im just as lost as when i started. i have a mechanic friend that can install but not align. any advice?

i plan on off roading but not getting 'too' crazy. its my daily driver.

p.s. i dont want flared fenders
Old 08-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
OME full kit with 885's and AAL.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
OME full kit with 885's and AAL.
Boom
Old 08-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
OME would be a great kit but you may need to invest in UCA's if you can't get it back to alignment spec.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
bigswoleone is on a distinguished road

Name: Craig
bigswoleone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
OME would be a great kit but you may need to invest in UCA's if you can't get it back to alignment spec.

^^this. I got the OME w/ 885s and my alignment is way out. Caster is terrible - feels squirrely as hell at higher speeds. I'm just dealing with it right now, but definitely will have to replace the UCAs sooner than later.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #6
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
Yep , I got the LR UCA's
Old 08-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is not too bad on OME 885's and Dakar leafs...
Old 08-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
OME for sure. You might be able to get away with the 884's. I put them on DCLB 4x4 and got just about 2" of lift.

Best price I found was Scott at Truck Add Ons for the whole kit at $1002.00 with free shipping. I ended up going with an Icon Progressive AAL in the rear and I'm into it for around $800.00.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #9
tacosaucer is on a distinguished road

Name: Kris
tacosaucer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrustic View Post
OME for sure. You might be able to get away with the 884's. I put them on DCLB 4x4 and got just about 2" of lift.

Best price I found was Scott at Truck Add Ons for the whole kit at $1002.00 with free shipping. I ended up going with an Icon Progressive AAL in the rear and I'm into it for around $800.00.
i may need the 886's im thinking about getting the all pro front bumper.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #10
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosaucer View Post
i may need the 886's im thinking about getting the all pro front bumper.
The 886's are designed for an approx additional 200 lbs weight