Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Which UCA's should I get?

Old 08-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Which UCA's should I get?

I am about to lift my truck probably in the neighborhood of 3 inches. I do not want a poor driving vehicle especially being that my truck is a 2012. So it looks like I will probably need UCA's. My truck is 2 wheel drive so it will probable see less than 5% off road... but you never know down the line.

What are a good set of UCA's under $500? I've seen Built Right - Light Racing - Camburgh ball joint. Which would be a good reliable choice and am I missing anything?
Old 08-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Any of them, they all serve the same purpose (alignment).
Old 08-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
I'd get the built right or LR of the options you have (total chaos is my personal choice though)
Old 08-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The light racing have the sealed ball joint and look to come fully assembled so pretty much plug and play. I did hear that the LR did not have enough caster adjustment but I'm not sure if that was an old version. Any one have any experience with the LR UCA's?
Old 08-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, mine aligned perfect with the LR UCA's.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stacoma View Post
The light racing have the sealed ball joint and look to come fully assembled so pretty much plug and play. I did hear that the LR did not have enough caster adjustment but I'm not sure if that was an old version. Any one have any experience with the LR UCA's?
You can adjust from 0* to 4* of additional caster with the LR UCA's
Old 08-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #7
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
May I humbly throw in an alternative that is >$500 but not excessively? I got my Desert Industries UCAs for $540 including shipping during a special and they are awesome. Look great, stainless steel uniball, my alignment is perfect, bulletproof, etc. Regular price is $599 so it may not be an option. I am always a sucker for someting that is just above my stated price range, so just thought I'd throw it in there. good luck!