Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Pic of OME 885, Billy 5100, 2 AAL

Old 08-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
winL is on a distinguished road

winL's Tacoma Gallery
Pic of OME 885, Billy 5100, 2 AAL

Hi all,

Couple months ago I've got the OME 885, Billy 5100 @ 0, and 2 leaf Wheeler's AAL installed and I replaced the OL with a deaver AAL, 3 total. I've said that I'll put them up and I'm finally getting around to it. It is perfectly leveled not like the pic since my camera wasn't perfectly horizontal.

I've put about 10k on it and it rides firm but very composed when the road ends and extremely smooth on the freeway. At 5k, I "thought" it was broken in, but it rode completely different at 10k.
Attached Thumbnails
Pic of OME 885, Billy 5100, 2 AAL-photo.jpg  
Old 08-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
Day Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Veteran
Name: Day Cowboy
Day Cowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #3

winL's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man
Old 08-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Yes that is sweet pretty much the same lift I am looking at. Did you get UCA's? How does it drive does it float at highwayspeeds etc..?
Old 08-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #5

winL's Tacoma Gallery
No UCA, but anymore lift beyond this is a must have for UCA. No issues whatsoever with bound and rebound.

First 3K, very rough. Kind of like a lowered import. Over speed bumps was harsh enough for me to regret it at times and praying it'll break-in faster.
5K: I thought it had broken in since it was livable by then. Still quite bouncy on highway, borderline unacceptable when you know you need to make a quick maneuver in a "just-in-case" situation knowing that the truck might give out on one corner.
10K: I'm positive it's fully broken-in with care. Very supportive and composed when you travel at speed off road. No float on highways to answer your question. Bound is supple and smooth, rebound is quick and strong. Confident on turns when you push it, very predictable when the back is going give.

Excellent so far.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #6
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by winL View Post
No UCA, but anymore lift beyond this is a must have for UCA. No issues whatsoever with bound and rebound.

First 3K, very rough. Kind of like a lowered import. Over speed bumps was harsh enough for me to regret it at times and praying it'll break-in faster.
5K: I thought it had broken in since it was livable by then. Still quite bouncy on highway, borderline unacceptable when you know you need to make a quick maneuver in a "just-in-case" situation knowing that the truck might give out on one corner.
10K: I'm positive it's fully broken-in with care. Very supportive and composed when you travel at speed off road. No float on highways to answer your question. Bound is supple and smooth, rebound is quick and strong. Confident on turns when you push it, very predictable when the back is going give.

Excellent so far.
I thought that 5100 @ 0 with 885's gives about 2.5" of lift. Is that about what you have because your truck looks higher?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
885's should get a DC around 2 1/2" of lift , AC's seem to get a tad more
Old 08-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
885's should get a DC around 2 1/2" of lift , AC's seem to get a tad more
add that hes a prerunner and he'll get a smidge more than 4x4 too
Old 08-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #9

winL's Tacoma Gallery
Right after the lift I was getting 3" exact. After the break-in, about 2.8".
Old 08-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #11
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
.8" ? Lol
.8 = just a c-hair over 3/4's...
Old 08-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrustic View Post
.8 = just a c-hair over 3/4's...
13/16

Old 08-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #13

winL's Tacoma Gallery
eh, .8 sounded good, certainly a fart above 2.75 and under 3" . I'm sure if a bird landed on my hood, it'd sit at 2.75
Old 08-20-2014, 12:05 AM   #14
jwinky is on a distinguished road

jwinky's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to revise this thread, but I am having trouble finding anything about access cabs. My truck is the same as yours but is a 4x4, do you think it will make much of a difference?
Old 08-21-2014, 07:38 AM   #15

winL's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinky View Post
Sorry to revise this thread, but I am having trouble finding anything about access cabs. My truck is the same as yours but is a 4x4, do you think it will make much of a difference?
No problem at all. It should sit about a quarter to half an inch lower on your 4x4 on the front end because of the weight. Not sure what other mods you have on there that might affect it. But I have a shell. Mechanically, you'll be fine. Hope that helps.

As an update to putting another 60k on this setup with occasional hauling: ride is still great, no sag. The durability is excellent.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:41 AM   #16

winL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Now that I reread your post, you should be sitting at most quarter of an inch lower than mine since its the same 2.7 manual! Nice.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:11 AM   #17
jwinky is on a distinguished road

jwinky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by winL View Post
Now that I reread your post, you should be sitting at most quarter of an inch lower than mine since its the same 2.7 manual! Nice.
Hey! Sorry, for some reason your reply didn't show up. I just got everything in today, going to try and get it done today.
Thanks!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #18

winL's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Hey! Sorry, for some reason your reply didn't show up. I just got everything in today, going to try and get it done today.
Thanks!
Give us an update once all the stuff is on with the alignment done!!!