Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

99 Tacoma 2wd w/ SR5 prerunner springs and jeep spacers work???

Old 08-09-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
Street is just really niceStreet is just really niceStreet is just really niceStreet is just really nice

Name: jon
Street's Tacoma Gallery
99 Tacoma 2wd w/ SR5 prerunner springs and jeep spacers work???

Hey guys 99 2.4 5 lug
got the 3in body lift on it
just picked up some SR5 Prerunner Springs NOTE i have Coils Springs not Struts

was looking to put them under the front with a set on 04 jeep wrangler coil springs spacers around two inches I know this is weird but looks like it will work but I need to know b/c i see alot of you guys changing out the upper control arms I'm not one to do alot of off road driving just looking to jack her up, any ideas on this do i need upper control arms for some type of clearance reasons or if it fits ride on?

So re Cap SR5 prerunner coil springs with 04 jeep wrangler coil spring spacers if i'm missing something please let me know, thx Jon
Old 08-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Do they have the correct bolt pattern for the 3 nuts holding the coils on? if so I don't see why not.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #3
Street is just really niceStreet is just really niceStreet is just really niceStreet is just really nice

Street's Tacoma Gallery
no Sir I got fucked on mine its got Str8 Coils not coilovers has the shock by its self
Old 08-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hmm I am not sure than, really don't know much about that suspension
Old 08-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #5

Street's Tacoma Gallery
yeah like i said I got screwed over on my susp.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #6

Street's Tacoma Gallery
forums blow!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Sell truck, buy a better one. Win
Old 12-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #8
vincentek9 is on a distinguished road
Name: Vincent
vincentek9's Tacoma Gallery
kind of late, but i think all 1st and 2nd gen tacomas do NOT have necessarily the same suspension setup.

4x4 and prerunners have an entire coilover-type suspension in the front. where the spring sits on the strut. when changing suspension, the entire thing unbolts as a unit

5lug tacomas have a different type of front end set-up (a much shittier version). where the coil spring sits on the lca's rather than on the shock itself. when trying to change this out.. there are goods and bads. if i recall correctly, changing out the shock is simple because it does not requiring removal of the spring. but changing out the spring could be a hassle because the angle is so wierd that you have to put a spring compresser at the right spots to ensure you pull out the spring without issue.