Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Custom Extended Brake Brackets

Old 08-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: HARRISON
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
Custom Extended Brake Brackets

I wasnt sure where to post this but here goes.

I lifted my Tacoma a while back and noticed my brake lines didnt have enough play. So I went to the local Lowes home improvement store and bought a 1/2" X 1" X 4ft steel flat for like 8$

I bent it using unusual methods to about a 90 degree angle, drilled two small holes in it and painted it black. I removed the rear brake brackets and placed my new bracket in between the old bracket and the axle. I used the factory bolt to mount the new bracket and an appropriate sized bolt to mount the new bracket and old bracket. I had a few extra inches of play in my brake lines even at full flex. I repeated this process for the front brake lines, but only bent the new brackets about 30 degrees. A cheap simple way to increase thelength of your brake lines without having to purchase new lines.

Here are some photos for refrence.
Attached Thumbnails
Custom Extended Brake Brackets-bb.jpg   Custom Extended Brake Brackets-399404_4241483393031_1319039948_n.jpg  
Old 08-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
My front brake lines have plenty of slack left at full droop. Not sure that was needed.

This'll work for mild suspension changes. If you really change things around in the rear to up your travel, you're gonna need extended brake lines.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well my brake lines did not have plenty of slack, especially in the front. So this was a cheap way for now to fix that. Not to mention super easy. Took all of 10 min.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
RAGEAHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
That's one way to avoid having to buy extended brake lines. Nice ingenuity.
Thanks amigo
Old 08-13-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
RAGEAHOLIC

Super easy, super cheap. I will eventually buy new brake lines after the SAs but right now this will do.