Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How to use your factory bumps with AllPro U bolt Flip

Old 08-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
How to use your factory bumps with AllPro U bolt Flip

Another thread I dont know where to post but this seems appropriate haha!

When I lifted my Tacoma I bought an All Pro Ubolt flip kit with my leafs. I didnt have the money to buy new bump stops and the factory bumps obviously dontfit on the flip kit the same way they do normally so I used some left over 1/4" X 1" 4ft steel flat i bought from Lowes and cut 4 lengths long enough to pass over boght legs on the factory bump stops. I cut two notches out of the sides of each length so that the U bolts could fit in them. The factory bumps have the lips on the edges of the legs on the side that curve upwards and the held the 4 peices inwhile the bolts on the flip kit held the lengths down. Crappy explanation I know but here a few pics that might help.
Attached Thumbnails
How to use your factory bumps with AllPro U bolt Flip-311613_4241483833042_1443997803_n.jpg   How to use your factory bumps with AllPro U bolt Flip-562796_4241484353055_649957963_n.jpg   How to use your factory bumps with AllPro U bolt Flip-552727_4182464637599_1008817830_n.jpg  
Old 08-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Or you can just tack weld them in place...
Old 08-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah but I didnt want to take everything off and I didnt want to weld near the leaf pack haha! So I met myself inbetween
Old 08-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
RAGEAHOLIC

Love the sig by the way haha
Old 08-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
Yeah but I didnt want to take everything off and I didnt want to weld near the leaf pack haha! So I met myself inbetween
Fair enough. I went to Wheeler's Superbumps, so I used the flip kit designed for Timbrens and drilled out the Wheeler's, bolted 'em in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
Love the sig by the way haha
They said it, not me

FWIW, I've been running their flip kit for a while now without drama.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #7
RAGEAHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I love yours more
Haha, I saw your quote and couldnt resist, pure mastery of the english language haha
Old 08-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #8
RAGEAHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Fair enough. I went to Wheeler's Superbumps, so I used the flip kit designed for Timbrens and drilled out the Wheeler's, bolted 'em in.

They said it, not me

FWIW, I've been running their flip kit for a while now without drama.
I didnt know about a flip kit for the timbrens, I got my kit for free so I used it. I wat to get some wheelers SB's which is another reason I didnt want to make my factory bumps permanent.