Notices

sway bar removal (mid travel)

Old 08-13-2012, 03:43 AM   #1
cools20 is on a distinguished road
Name: Cooley
cools20's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up sway bar removal (mid travel)

hey guys,

Just wondering if anyones running a mid travel set up without a sway bar because im thinking about taking mine off cause i hear its better for off roading. Anyone rockin no sway bar?

thanks, brandon
Old 08-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
Appalachian American
Rnuovrcj5 will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: Brian
Rnuovrcj5's Tacoma Gallery
I took mine off when I installed the UCAs and coilovers. It definitely has a lot more body roll to it but it somehow feels more planted. I always thought it felt like the rear was about to come around in a corner with it on. Now it just hooks and turns.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
I would venture to say, you had better have springs up front that are stiff enough to combat the "roll" when swerving. I took mine off, because my kings have 650# coils.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Agreed, def need a heavier coil and most of us that off-road no longer have one!
Old 08-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
cools20 is on a distinguished road
Name: Cooley
cools20's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the help guys

im running icon extended travel resi coils, TC ucas and maxtrac spindles, probably not a very heavy spring but i think im just going to go for it and take it off for a few days and see how i like it!
Old 08-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Take it off. Took mine off when I lifted my truck haven't looked back
Old 08-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #7
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cools20 View Post
thanks for the help guys

im running icon extended travel resi coils, TC ucas and maxtrac spindles, probably not a very heavy spring but i think im just going to go for it and take it off for a few days and see how i like it!
It's more than most. 650#
Old 08-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #8
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
forgot to mention, I dont have any added weight up front, like a iwnch, or plate bumper, so 650# is perfect for right now.