how do my billies look?

Old 08-13-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
Pegeezy is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 136th AW
Name: Roy
Pegeezy's Tacoma Gallery
how do my billies look?

Just installed last week...set at 1.75

How does it look: stock, level or nose high?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...1&d=1344898200
Attached Thumbnails
how do my billies look?-billies-installed.jpg  
Old 08-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Looks good to me
Old 08-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Is the rear stock height? I'm not sure if its the angle of the picture but the nose looks slightly hither then the rear.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
Pegeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Stock height in the rear...my buddy suggested a 1 inch block but I don't wanna mess with the ride quality...
Old 08-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Is the rear stock height? I'm not sure if its the angle of the picture but the nose looks slightly hither then the rear.
Looks nose high to me too.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #6
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Agree. If you plan to put anything in the bed you are def going to be nose high.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
Pegeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Now that yall are saying that I am thinking I should should go with a 1 inch block in the rear or AAL...what would yall do??
Old 08-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #8
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
It does look a bit nose-high, at least in the picture. If you're hauling anything, it definitely will be.

I would go with an AAL.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #9
Christ Follower
RadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
RadRed06's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with the Icon 3 leaf progressive pack, 1.5 inches of lift from DSM
Old 08-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #10
Pegeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Guys.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #11
Taco Schlagzeuger
907doublebass is on a distinguished road
Army: Disabled Vet, former truck driver(88M) of 377th and 11th HET
907doublebass's Tacoma Gallery
The rig looks great, can't wait to swap my ranchos for bilsteins. I just installed AAL's on my Tacoma this last Sunday and it rides nice and smooth AND level. Another benefit is the added load capacity for when it's needed. Regards,
Old 08-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #12
Pegeezy's Tacoma Gallery
I talked to Sonny at DSM. He said the largest tire I can run with the billies set at 1.75 and stock leafs is 265s...I wonder if that would change with AALs?
Ultimately I'd like to be running 285s on some nasty XD wheels...that's gonna be a while though. It's way too easy to burn thru stacks on a Taco :-/
Old 08-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #13
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Adding the leaf wont let you run bigger tires.....atleast in the front. Look around the site........285s will require 2.5 to 3 inches of lift in the front.....and you will still need to trim a little of the inner plastics.....get rims with proper BS or run spacers.....and even possibly new UCAs to clear the 285s.

Now with the lift you have now you could prob stuff some 275s in there and get away with it. Not def though.......our trucks are finicky under the wheel wells. Certain people run 285s with no problem.......but they also dont flex or offroad at all. Others run them and rub a little on full lock or reversing.

Just some things to consider when putting on those sic nasty XDs.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #14
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Put in a 1 inch block, it won't affect your ride quality.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #16
Pegeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleTRDtaco12 View Post
did u do billies all the way around?? and do u have the stock coil springs in the front or something else?
just got the 5100s in the front...stock coils
Old 08-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #17
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have the rear leaf TSB? Or do the 2012's have that problem fixed already from factory?
Old 08-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #18
Pegeezy's Tacoma Gallery
no i do not have the TSB...I believe they worked that out for 2012....on a side note though, i really do notice a difference for the better in the handling/driving since installation of the billies...steering is way better
Old 08-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #19
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Considering how weak our spring already are, don't u think a block will increase the amount of sag and frowning in a shorter amount of time than an aal?

A block is asking the stock leaf pack to do more lifting with same/less support/surface area.

Aal is adding 30 or so inches of support to the stock leaf pack right?
Yeah I understand what you're saying and it makes sense. But I think that would happen over a long period of time in which by that pout you would have to replace the springs anyway. I've seen plenty of pictures of flat springs during on stiff AALs causing a horrible ride. I have a 1" block and in my experience te ride has not been affected at all. Then again, I don't carry heavy. I've had about 500 lbs max in te bed and it felt fine. Springs did sag, but no more than they would with just the stock leaf pack. Pros to the block is ease of install verse the AAL. Plus no fear of stiff ride thy some people complain about. Best bet is a whole new leaf pack, but the OP wants just a little lift that wot affect the ride quality - and for that I recommend a little block. AAL is a good option though for sure, especially if you haul stuff OP.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #20
Pegeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered the ICON progressive AAL yesterday from DSM...should arrive this friday or monday...will knock out the install asap. Hopefully my rig will be looking leveled now. I'll post pics after its done.