Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Ome 881 use spacers or set at 1"?

Old 08-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Ome 881 use spacers or set at 1"?

Got a set of 881s today. Looking to get 3" of lift. I have a 1" daystar spacer lift to use or set the 5100s at 1" middle setting. Which should i use?
Old 08-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Bilsteins, will be a slightly better ride than a poop spacer!
Old 08-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Haha even though id be compressing the 881s? Would i get 3" out of that?
Old 08-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Be very very careful and consider this a warning:

Compressing stock coils is one thing but when you compress a 'lift coil' , it puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the lower coil seat on the strut.

Depending on the strut... You could break the welds off the lower coil seat.

Back in the old days of TTORA, I remember a guy who blew out his struts from doing lift coils & spacers, etc.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Be very very careful and consider this a warning:

Compressing stock coils is one thing but when you compress a 'lift coil' , it puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the lower coil seat on the strut.

Depending on the strut... You could break the welds off the lower coil seat.

Back in the old days of TTORA, I remember a guy who blew out his struts from doing lift coils & spacers, etc.
Thats what i was worried about. Would it be safer to use the spacers? They're only a 1" lift so they arent too big.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinramsay View Post
Thats what i was worried about. Would it be safer to use the spacers? They're only a 1" lift so they arent too big.
It doesn't matter how you slice it..... a coil spacer OR 1" on the bilsteins... Is the same amount of PRELOAD on the spring.

Do some more research...I've read that some guys are using Top plate spacers instead of coil spacers to gain additional lift.

You may also want to do some research on other lift coils....there are 884's, 885's and 886's - all of which I know nothing about.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
It doesn't matter how you slice it..... a coil spacer OR 1" on the bilsteins... Is the same amount of PRELOAD on the spring.

Do some more research...I've read that some guys are using Top plate spacers instead of coil spacers to gain additional lift.

You may also want to do some research on other lift coils....there are 884's, 885's and 886's - all of which I know nothing about.
Sorry I do have the top plate spacers not the coil spacers my bad..
Old 08-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #8
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Trim spacer.

IIRC, If you want a full 3" you need to get the Toytec Eibach springs. Not sure but i think the ome 883's give a bit more height.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Trim spacer.

IIRC, If you want a full 3" you need to get the Toytec Eibach springs. Not sure but i think the ome 883's give a bit more height.
Thanks for the info guys! Ill keep looking around. Ill keep the ome's for a while until i find a good deal on used eibachs i guess.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:16 AM   #10
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
All trucks varies but according to Wheelers you should be able to add a 10mm top plate space to get a 3" or close to it lift. But your front CV's will soon hate you.