Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear shackles purchase help

Old 08-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
Aww Boo is on a distinguished road
Name: jason
Aww Boo's Tacoma Gallery
Rear shackles purchase help

Can someone direct me in the way to buy rear shackles for a 98 Tacoma 4wd I've looked everywhere I'm looking for a 3 in but I don't think they make me so it seems I need a 2in + 1in to get the height that I want
-thanks-
Old 08-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/gstacoma.htm

Click link, le scroll down
Old 08-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #3
Aww Boo's Tacoma Gallery
are there going to be any problem with to much shackle or to long of one cause it looks like im going to have to stack them together
Old 08-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You don't stack them together. You use their kit. One on each side. No they don't look funny. I have 6" longer over stock.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #5
Aww Boo's Tacoma Gallery
im looking and it doesnt say anything bout a kit the first two are stock height, then the 1in then 2in. the next two pic are the daystar 1.25in shackle set and greaseable main spring set and those are just bushings. so if im trying to get 3in out of it I would need the 2in and 1in put together? srry im new to trucks and dont want to get the wrong one or anything extra that I didnt know about
Old 08-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Just get an AAL and a 1" shackle lift then. Shackles cannot be combined haha. I thought you wanted 2" lift, I didn't read it fully that's why I was so confused.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Just get an AAL and a 1" shackle lift then. Shackles cannot be combined haha. I thought you wanted 2" lift, I didn't read it fully that's why I was so confused.
this

I don't even want to imagine what stacked shackles would look like
Old 08-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #8
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
this

I don't even want to imagine what stacked shackles would look like

Old 08-16-2012, 07:24 AM   #9
Aww Boo's Tacoma Gallery
haha I just put new 2in leafs on and there starting to even out maybe ill just get the 2in shackle an! be happy