Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100's at .85

Old 08-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
5100's at .85

this past week i had 5100's installed in the front set at .85 with stock springs. before i did this i looked for a pretty long time to find someone who used this setting and found some but they always had eibach springs for more lift whereas i wanted only .85 of lift to save my cv axles so i figured id post some pix incase anyone else was looking for the same thing i was. i agree it still looks relatively stock but i can def notice the slight difference and if im parked on perfectly level ground, the front almost matches the back height.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
looks good op!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #3
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, if you get the TSB leaf springs you will need to go up to 1.75 to maintain current rake.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks guys! i dont believe im eligible for the rear leaf tsb but either way, i dont want to set the 5100's to 1.75 just bc of the cv angles and the vibes and all that good stuff
Old 08-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
kyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kyleTRDtaco12's Tacoma Gallery
dude that looks perfect, im doing this install tomorrow and you literally just saved my ass, im doing the same install as u, reusing the stock front coils as you did, and i alomst set it at 1.75 ... that would have been a hugeee mistake i think, and id like to save my CV axles too, thank you so much! looks perfect to me, so .85 it is! hows the ride quality improvement?? also, is this 5100's all the way around??
Old 08-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleTRDtaco12 View Post
dude that looks perfect, im doing this install tomorrow and you literally just saved my ass, im doing the same install as u, reusing the stock front coils as you did, and i alomst set it at 1.75 ... that would have been a hugeee mistake i think, and id like to save my CV axles too, thank you so much! looks perfect to me, so .85 it is! hows the ride quality improvement?? also, is this 5100's all the way around??
thanks man and no prob! ride quality feels the exact same and like i said in the message its only 5100s in the front. glad u could help ya bro
Old 08-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleTRDtaco12 View Post
ok here is my truck with the billies set at .85
fucking sick!!! i know .85 isnt much but i really notice the difference on our trucks. good shit man i like the way it goes with the wheels and tires too
Old 08-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #9
kyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayNnite4 View Post
fucking sick!!! i know .85 isnt much but i really notice the difference on our trucks. good shit man i like the way it goes with the wheels and tires too
Hek yeah dude most deff! I think it made pretty substantial difference in look set at .85 ... And i think it looks real good, best part is i didnt have to touch the rear leafs at all xD
Old 08-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #10
Chaloots is just really niceChaloots is just really niceChaloots is just really niceChaloots is just really niceChaloots is just really nice
Chaloots's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for posting, im looking to do the same set up
Old 08-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #11
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Just going to ask this because I have been thinking about what setting to use when it comes time to replace the OEM shocks:

Most people judge the rake/ride height based on the fenders but it seems to me that the rear fender is higher than the front? If you look at the frame of the vehicle, it appears to me that you have a nose high setup with .85 setting.

I have the rear TSB done (for hauling multiple bikes) and I feel that with 5100's at .85 I would be level (looking at the frame). Am I crazy for judging the level of the truck this way?
Old 08-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixinus View Post
Just going to ask this because I have been thinking about what setting to use when it comes time to replace the OEM shocks:

Most people judge the rake/ride height based on the fenders but it seems to me that the rear fender is higher than the front? If you look at the frame of the vehicle, it appears to me that you have a nose high setup with .85 setting.

I have the rear TSB done (for hauling multiple bikes) and I feel that with 5100's at .85 I would be level (looking at the frame). Am I crazy for judging the level of the truck this way?
No no your not crazy lol, but .85 is about as 'properly' level u can get with the setup i and the OP have
Old 08-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #13
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I had the TSB on my last truck, and set the shocks to 1.75. The back was actually 1" higher than the front but it looked level.

Without the TSB .85 is the best setting to look level.

On my new truck I installed the 5100's at 1.75 and added an Icon 1.5"progressive 3 leaf pack. I think it looks good.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #14

Quote:

the picture isnt perfectly level either but to my naked eye, it appears level but as said, the back it still about an inch higher
Old 08-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #15
Rascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
Rascal737's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks op for this post....I've been looking at putting a leveling kit into mine, just so it sits right!...there's so many options out there and was actually looking at putting a full lift kit in, but now that I see the results of yours with just the billies, I'm definitely getting a set
Old 08-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal737 View Post
Thanks op for this post....I've been looking at putting a leveling kit into mine, just so it sits right!...there's so many options out there and was actually looking at putting a full lift kit in, but now that I see the results of yours with just the billies, I'm definitely getting a set
np!! worst case if .85 isnt high enough for u, u can always change the setting. glad i could help
Old 09-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #17
Jareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jared
Jareds Toyota's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome! About to do the same with 265/70/17 tires
Old 09-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #18
Boltsfaninmo is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
Boltsfaninmo's Tacoma Gallery
Both look perfect. I like how they look level. Good jobs guys.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #19
Jareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jared
Jareds Toyota's Tacoma Gallery
Does your truck look nose high when driving down the freeway?
Old 09-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareds Toyota View Post
Does your truck look nose high when driving down the freeway?
Doesn't feel like it. I'm sure if I have any kind of load then it will look nose high but not otherwise