Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME Lift Front Low

Old 08-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
cmacattack is on a distinguished road
cmacattack's Tacoma Gallery
OME Lift Front Low

I am getting a little excited and skipped right over the first time poster thread. I just graduated college, got a job, and bought my first Tacoma! Yahoo!!!

Anyway, it is a 2007 dbl cab, long bed, sr5 model.

It came with OME rear shocks with Dakar spring pack. From center hub to bottom fender it measures 25". I do not know what shock system this is as I have never owned a truck before (first timer here!) and thus never had OME. I couldnt find any identifying numbers on the shocks themselves and the stickers on them are pretty worn.

Rear:

The front springs I couldn't find any OME identifying marks and was wondering if you guys and gals could help me out. The front from center hub to fender is 22.5". A whopping 2.5" difference. Is this normal? Seems to me (a novice at this point) it should be closer to the same?

Here is a picture of what the front shock looks like:

I tried pouring through the old threads with the search but couldn't find much to answer these questions. The ride is very smooth as it is now but I was just curious if anyone could help me out in figuring out what I have here. Thanks! Glad to be here!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Ferntucky, NV
You probably have OME all around. Normal rake puts the front around 1" to 1.5" lower if I remember correctly. The older OME coils had a problem that they would sag over time and were replaced with the X series. You could ether replace the coils with 885x that would give you 2.5" over stock. Or the less expensive route add a 0.5" spacer that would give you 1" more lift in front and put you close to stock rake. How long are the 3 bolts on top of the coil/shock assembly? Long enough to add 0.5" spacer or if not you need to disassemble to add longer ones. Best bet would be to replace front with 885x & the new design shocks & might as well replace the rear shocks as well.
I have a full OME lift and love it.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The rear shocks are N182's and the fronts are probably N140S , the newer fronts are N90000
Old 08-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
Question

Would i be able to put new 885 springs in the front to replace the current ones our would i need to upgrade the shocks as well?

Thanks for the replies.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #6
But a more popular option would be to replace shocks and springs?
Old 08-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacattack View Post
But a more popular option would be to replace shocks and springs?
That would ensure everything is in good shape , but may not be needed if the shocks are in working order