Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

LCA Ticking Sound???

Old 08-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #41
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Signs of improper torquing and seized sleeves (don't ask)

then the issue leads to constant alignments followed by welding work to stop the need for constant alignments

should look like this

Fack, I'm pretty sure my cam bolts are the same way. Thanks for the pics!
Old 08-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #42
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
HOLY LOOSE CAM BOLT BATMAN!!!! The cam bolts were pretty loose. I tightened them to 100 ft/lbs and the clicking is gone. Or it was the WD 40 I sprayed earlier, but I doubt it. Thanks again guys, the only thing is I moved a tab a bit, I put it back the best I could. Oh well...looks like I need to go to Firestone and get my alignment done again. Thank good for the lifetime alignments! This is probably my 6th one!!!
Sweet
Old 08-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #43
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
should take them apart and lube them all then go for alingment....
wouls suck to have them sieze in the next few months because you got lazy
Old 08-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #44
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
Not a bad plan
Old 08-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #45
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
HOLY LOOSE CAM BOLT BATMAN!!!! The cam bolts were pretty loose. I tightened them to 100 ft/lbs and the clicking is gone. Or it was the WD 40 I sprayed earlier, but I doubt it. Thanks again guys, the only thing is I moved a tab a bit, I put it back the best I could. Oh well...looks like I need to go to Firestone and get my alignment done again. Thank good for the lifetime alignments! This is probably my 6th one!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
The cam bolts were probably loose from your previous trip to Firestone.
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
Good one! They are already loose and out of alignment so nows the time.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #46
no mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shed
no mods's Tacoma Gallery
If its knocking back and forth when u roll a bit then stab brakes u need new bushings. They are $60 ish a pop and a giant pain in the ass to take out and reinstall
Old 08-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #47
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by no mods View Post
If its knocking back and forth when u roll a bit then stab brakes u need new bushings. They are $60 ish a pop and a giant pain in the ass to take out and reinstall

I figured it out that my cam bolts were not torqued enough.... damn firestone!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #48
no mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shedno mods is one of the sharper tools in the shed
no mods's Tacoma Gallery
Good deal.. the bushings are a kick in the dick to change.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #49
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Good deal.. the bushings are a kick in the dick to change.

Yeah I saw boyd's posts when he was changing his...smh...I was contimplating just buying TC LCA instead of swaping them
Old 08-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #50
no mods's Tacoma Gallery
Yes that my recommendation. My bud has similar issue and went w the OEM length Tc lcas. I can vouch they top quality.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #51
I love your mom!

Quote:
Yes that my recommendation. My bud has similar issue and went w the OEM length Tc lcas. I can vouch they top quality.

But other than durability, what do you gain with them?
Old 08-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #52
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
But other than durability, what do you gain with them?

a shit ton less money in your wallet. actually better response due to real bushings not POS rubber ones.

wait for these to be tested and marketed. supposed to be much less money then TC. and I would wait good and long for them to be tested. by the time my next set of bushings seize up they should have plenty of beatings on them for me to decide who to go with.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post5568513

hopefully by then TC will reevaluate their pricing and lower it due to competition. until now they have a monopoly and their pricing reflects so IMO.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #53
no mods's Tacoma Gallery
Yes they are expensive ...

This is how I ended up going LT ,couldn't justify price of new arms just for a better design.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #54
stuart1996t100 is on a distinguished road
Name: stuart
stuart1996t100's Tacoma Gallery
I recently had to replace my LCA bushing because of extensive play and noise, I called around and found an aftermarket upgrade. instead of the crappy rubber the factory bushing are made off, I got the polyurethane bushings and it drives so much nicer. took me a couple hours to do but not to bad.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #55

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart1996t100 View Post
I recently had to replace my LCA bushing because of extensive play and noise, I called around and found an aftermarket upgrade. instead of the crappy rubber the factory bushing are made off, I got the polyurethane bushings and it drives so much nicer. took me a couple hours to do but not to bad.
Link?
Old 08-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #56
no mods's Tacoma Gallery
On 05+?
Old 08-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #57
no mods's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like he owns a 96 not 2006.. not even comparable
Old 08-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #59
stuart1996t100 is on a distinguished road
Name: stuart
stuart1996t100's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 96 T100 but i recently purchsed an 05 tacoma as a failure driver, when i got it i started doing all the maintaince that had been Neglected by the previous owner , i replaced my power control arm bushings as needed with the polyurethane bushings, it was easy to do, very well priced up grade and my Truck derive better than before, so yes if you need to replace your lower UCA bushing i highly recommend you upgrade to the polyurethane instead of replacing them with the factory rubber bushings, i got them from The Truck Shop in Sam diego talk to James, the shop number us 858-408-0314
Old 08-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #60
no mods's Tacoma Gallery
If u dont mind me asking how did u get old bushings out?

When I had OEM lcas It took me over an hour hour just getting the old out.. then to reinstall I spent another hour driving around looking for someone w a 50 ton press that was willing to even try to put it it back in. Not even considering the time for removal and install of arm itself