1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LCA Ticking Sound???

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Slimwood Shady, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Aug 27, 2012 at 5:50 PM
    stuart1996t100

stuart1996t100 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    stuart
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    96 4wd T100 longtravel
    deaver, king, built right, fuel safe, dj safety, crown performance, hanneman, general grabber, speedway engineering, willwood,
    I had to remove the lower arm, no way around that, Then you use a oxy acetylene torch to burn the factory rubber bushings out, this makes alot of black smoke and smells really bad, If you have neighbors you might want to give them some warning. After you do this the outside metal sleev from the factory bushing will still be in the arm and you are going to save the metal sleeves that the cam bolts go through. You put the arm in a bench vise and hammer the sleeves out. This is a little difficult but not to bad, you have to clean the metal sleeves that run through the middle of the bushing, I used a metal wheel on a bench grinder, you could use large grit sand paper. Finally you grease the new polyurethane bushing up and the inside of the barrel on the LCA. You can put the bushings and sleeves in with a rubber mallet. I Did this on a saturday and wasn't really rushing so hard to say how long it would take, but the work isnt hard work just time consuming, If you would like We are going to be doing this to my buddys tacoma next weekend and I can take pictures or video

2. Aug 27, 2012 at 5:53 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Link to product on a website maybe ?

3. Nov 20, 2012 at 2:46 AM
    671taco

671taco thekeithchronicles

Member:
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    twenty-ten rc
    i may have this problem

could i torque it while the truck is on the ground?
    will i hurt the alignment?

Products Discussed in

To Top