Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Leveling kit and tire size

Old 08-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
cgmfl is on a distinguished road
cgmfl's Tacoma Gallery
Leveling kit and tire size

I have a 2010 taco sport edition 17" rims and looking for the best leveling kit. Any of you guys with experience please let me know what you think. How about tire size?
Old 08-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice

Name: Donnie
02sr5trd's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...-function.html
Old 08-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Your "best" leveling kit is 5100's but I had a super crap spacer and ran 33" MTs. Wheeling will def cause rubbing but nothing a sharp knife can't take care of.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #4
Rickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rickshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmfl View Post
I have a 2010 taco sport edition 17" rims and looking for the best leveling kit. Any of you guys with experience please let me know what you think. How about tire size?
What's up man. Their are tons and tons of threads on here with exactly what your looking for. I stubbled across this forum looking for ideas and read for days and learned alot about it just by reading other peoples threads and looking at pictures. After all my reading on this site and to give my truck just a little bit of lift, I decided to go with the Bilstein 5100's up front and a rear 1.5 add-a-leaf. Parts came to 170 for the Bistein's and 80 for the rear add-a-leaf from wheelers off road. I went with this set up because from everything I read alot of people said this was a solid inexpensive way to go. As for tires all I could fit with this set up was 265/70r/17's on 17x9 wheels I bought off of Desert Rat. Good luck with your decision. Search on and look for pics! Hours of fun on here.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #5
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickshaw View Post
What's up man. Their are tons and tons of threads on here with exactly what your looking for. I stubbled across this forum looking for ideas and read for days and learned alot about it just by reading other peoples threads and looking at pictures. After all my reading on this site and to give my truck just a little bit of lift, I decided to go with the Bilstein 5100's up front and a rear 1.5 add-a-leaf. Parts came to 170 for the Bistein's and 80 for the rear add-a-leaf from wheelers off road. I went with this set up because from everything I read alot of people said this was a solid inexpensive way to go. As for tires all I could fit with this set up was 265/70r/17's on 17x9 wheels I bought off of Desert Rat. Good luck with your decision. Search on and look for pics! Hours of fun on here.

Holy fuck!

We need more newbs like this!

+1 for you and your little green squares.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that actually makes sense lol!
Old 08-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #7
cgmfl is on a distinguished road
cgmfl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickshaw View Post
Do you have pics of yours? Sounds like a good deal
Old 08-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #8
Rickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rickshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmfl View Post
Do you have pics of yours? Sounds like a good deal

Im working out of the country right now so these are some pictures that my sister sent to me when it was done. I haven't got to drive it yet but just from everything I read about the Bilstein's they ride great.

Before:

After:

As for a lift it's not much of one but it does make the tires not crowd the wheel well as much.
Attached Thumbnails
Leveling kit and tire size-1.jpg   Leveling kit and tire size-2.jpg  
Old 08-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #9
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks damn good Rick