1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mid travel suggestions please

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by gacandido2010, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Aug 18, 2012 at 11:40 PM
    gacandido2010

gacandido2010 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabriel
    Inland Empire CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Prerunner TRD
    Bilstein 5100s, Eibach Coils, All Pro Baja Leaf Pack, Fox 2.5x16", All Pro 1.5 spacers, Deckplate Mod, K&N Filter, Magna-Flow Exhaust System, Cobra Ultra Cb with 3" Firestick, 2 Hella 500 HIDs, custom mesh grill, blacked out lettering, Limo Tint, Fog Light Mod
    So im looking into mid travel since LT is just too much $$ for me, I wanna get c/o's that get me up to 3.5" lift in the front since im gonna have 3" leaf pack in the back. I was looking at fox and kings but from my understanding they only give 2.5" lift. Gonna get TC UCA too. thanks guys

2. Aug 19, 2012 at 7:36 AM
    Tacoafloat

Tacoafloat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bo
    Elizabeth City, NC
    3" Lift, 295 Terra Grapplers, 17" Procomps, ARB Winch Bumper and 8000lb Winch
    Fox/icon/king's all provide 0-3" of lift. It isn't recommended to go higher than that. However since your truck is a prerunner you can install 4" spindles to achieve your desired height. There is plenty of deals to be had for used coil overs if you wanna go that route and get them rebuilt or you can buy new. Either way I'd talk to the guys at Downsouth Motorsports they'll hook it up

3. Aug 19, 2012 at 8:19 AM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    x2 spindle lift

4. Aug 19, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    gacandido2010

gacandido2010 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabriel
    Inland Empire CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Prerunner TRD
    Bilstein 5100s, Eibach Coils, All Pro Baja Leaf Pack, Fox 2.5x16", All Pro 1.5 spacers, Deckplate Mod, K&N Filter, Magna-Flow Exhaust System, Cobra Ultra Cb with 3" Firestick, 2 Hella 500 HIDs, custom mesh grill, blacked out lettering, Limo Tint, Fog Light Mod
    So no need for resi and any suggestions between king icon and fox?

5. Aug 20, 2012 at 4:30 AM
    Tacoafloat

Tacoafloat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bo
    Elizabeth City, NC
    3" Lift, 295 Terra Grapplers, 17" Procomps, ARB Winch Bumper and 8000lb Winch
    Resi's will only play a part if you plan on mobbing for an extended period of time. Resi's purpose is to hold more oil so it doesn't heat up as fast thus preventing shock fade for a little longer. As for King/Fox/Icon, all of them will outperform your Billies. If your buying used I'd say whatever you get a good deal on. If youre buying new I'd buy the best I can and buy Kings but I'm a little partial. All three manufactures are top notch though you won't be disappointed with any of them. If you want to do some more research there's some decent info in http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/203714-king-vs-icon-vs-fox-racing-coilovers.html here.

Products Discussed in

To Top