Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME Trim Packer question

Old 08-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
Ryan81 is on a distinguished road
Ryan81's Tacoma Gallery
OME Trim Packer question

I think once I get a Tacoma I've decided on the OME setup with 2" AAL in the rear and new LR upper control arms. I would like to get closer to 3" but also want to correct the "taco lean" so I thought about stacking two trim packers. Is this safely, doable?

I would do two on the driver's side and then 1 on the passenger side to still gain some lift over there. Two of the 5mm packers would be less than 1/2"(12.7mm) so I don't see any difference between the 1/4" or 1/2" optional spacer.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
Ryan81 is on a distinguished road
Ryan81's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What shocks are you getting ?
The ones that come with the OME kit.

Front: 90000 sport shocks
Rear: N182 shocks
Old 08-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan81 View Post
The ones that come with the OME kit.

Front: 90000 sport shocks
Rear: N182 shocks
In that case , I would suggest using the OME trim packer on the driver's side shock , it mounts below the coil seat , and then put a 1/4" top plate spacer on both the driver and passenger side .
Old 08-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
Bayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud of
Bayou Sultan's Tacoma Gallery
OZ-T I just had a OME lift installed with the 885s and 90000 shocks with the Maxtrack spindles in front, and N182s in the rear to include the Allpro Expo leaf pack. It was installed two weeks ago. I am sitting at 26" in the rear and 27" on the passanger in front and 26 1/4" on the driver side front. Should I waite to let it settle more or what would you suggest to correct the driver side. The trim spacer was not used and the top plate 1/2" spacers were not used either. I would like to stay at 27" in the front and bring the rear up to 27" and even it out. What is your advice. Thank's
Old 08-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I would say , 1/4" top plate spacer , driver's side , that way you wouldn't have to disassemble the coil / shock
Old 08-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
In that case , I would suggest using the OME trim packer on the driver's side shock , it mounts below the coil seat , and then put a 1/4" top plate spacer on both the driver and passenger side .
X2. We just did this on my friends truck this past weekend.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #8
Bayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud of
Bayou Sultan's Tacoma Gallery
You are the MAN OZ-T Thank you very much.