Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Newbie Wants a Lift!

Old 08-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
YotaBoyz is on a distinguished road

Name: John
YotaBoyz's Tacoma Gallery
Newbie Wants a Lift!

I have a 99 prerunner and I'm wanting to add some height to it. I want to be able to fit 33's and have it higher in the front, so it has a somewhat noticeable lean. Maybe like 4 (front) and 3 (rear)? Im trying to find this for a pretty good price and that wont ride too bad. I wont be doing much off roading at all. What do I do??
Old 08-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
I recommend Old Man Emu. Check out Downsouth Motorsports or Wheelers Off-Road. They are both very knowledgeable companies Maybe run nitrochargers w/881's and a trim packer in the front and a aal in the rear
Old 08-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #3

I just don't want to spend too much but I don't want it to be total crap. I'm trying to get the tires and lift at the same time.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
well if your not doing much off roading just go spacer.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
well if your not doing much off roading just go spacer.
No, don't go with a spacer lift....
Old 08-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #6
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
No, don't go with a spacer lift....

i think it wouldnt be that bad of an idea if he doesnt offroad much.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
i think it wouldnt be that bad of an idea if he doesnt offroad much.
The ride will go to shit even on pavement... He should go with 5100s with OME coils.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #8
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
I recommend Old Man Emu. Check out Downsouth Motorsports or Wheelers Off-Road. They are both very knowledgeable companies Maybe run nitrochargers w/881's and a trim packer in the front and a aal in the rear
x2
Old 08-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Spacers are Ghetto.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #10

I heard spacers ride really bad?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #11
Nothin
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaBoyz View Post
I heard spacers ride really bad?
Yes, that's why you shouldn't get them. Stay far far away from them. If you are a budget, go with 5100s set them at 2.5" they will do the job
Old 08-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #12
Duck Fan
SalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SalemCBR's Tacoma Gallery
Hard to get excited about 5100's and spending alot on a lift for a prerunner. Not many folks like the spacers tho.

Im not the one to ask on how to's admittedly.

33's with 4 cyl? Gonna be an issue? Something to look at. Just checkin yo.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #13

Quote:
I have a 99 prerunner and I'm wanting to add some height to it. I want to be able to fit 33's and have it higher in the front, so it has a somewhat noticeable lean. Maybe like 4 (front) and 3 (rear)? Im trying to find this for a pretty good price and that wont ride too bad. I wont be doing much off roading at all. What do I do??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
Spacers are Ghetto.

well i mentioned spacer lift on the grounds of what i highlighted on the OP

it would be the cheapest route.

if not then, id concur with krimson on the 5100's through Downsouth Motorsports or Wheelers Off-Road
Old 08-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
Yes, that's why you shouldn't get them. Stay far far away from them. If you are a budget, go with 5100s set them at 2.5" they will do the job

i currently have 5100's with stock sport coils set at 2.5 and they have been good for me so far through trail runs and in the desert.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #15

The 5100's are great but they only provide 2.5". I want it a little higher than that and idt that will be able to fit 33s

A local guy offered to provide a 3" susp lift, install, alignment all for 500
Old 08-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #16

Quote:
The 5100's are great but they only provide 2.5". I want it a little higher than that and idt that will be able to fit 33s

A local guy offered to provide a 3" susp lift, install, alignment all for 500

you may need to look into new ucas if you go to 3 and above.

im at 2.5 and ill need new ucas if i go higher.