1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

front lift 5100 adj. and 3/4" spacer

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by robert benner, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Jan 12, 2009 at 1:14 PM
    robert benner

robert benner [OP] Member

Member:
    eastern PA
    Vehicle:
    09' taco sport dc lwb black
    TRD exhaust and intake, Shrockworks front bumper, AAL, full tint, 3/4" toytec spacer
    Hello: Been searching for an answer to my issue? I have a toytec 3/4" spacer lift and an AAL on my truck right now. It is a sport model double cab long wheel base. I want to lift it about and inch more all around. I really like the 5100 billy's and have them on my work titan. Can I use these at the .85" lift setting with the small spacer? I would then throw a tapered 1" block on back with the roadway active suspension to compensate the block. I would also put the toytec 5125 bilstiens on the rear do to the lift. Any one running this set-up?
    Thanx. Rob

2. Jan 12, 2009 at 1:19 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome to Tacoma World!

What is the "roadway active suspension"?

3. Jan 12, 2009 at 5:52 PM
    robert benner

Member:
    eastern PA
    Vehicle:
    TRD exhaust and intake, Shrockworks front bumper, AAL, full tint, 3/4" toytec spacer
    Hello: It is a spring which covers the rear part of the top of your leaf springs in back. It preloads on the leafs, gives a tiny lift, and takes care of all the block issues. Also lets your truck become a 3/4 ton, atleast my titan. Highly recommended for the 300 bones.
    Rob

4. Jan 12, 2009 at 5:59 PM
    robert benner

Member:
    eastern PA
    Vehicle:
    Hello Chris: My bad on the name, concept is the same!
    Rob

5. Jan 12, 2009 at 6:09 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Roadway helper springs = helper springs or something??

6. Jan 12, 2009 at 6:35 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Well, It may give your SPRINGS the ability to carry 3/4 tin, but the axel, frame, drivetrain, and brakes remain unchanged, thus not allowing your truck to become a 3/4 ton.. Thansk for answering my question, Ive never heard of that term used on the Tacomas. :)

7. Jan 12, 2009 at 6:37 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    To answer your original question, Your better off running the 5100's as the sole lift. just set them to the next higher setting.

8. Jan 12, 2009 at 6:40 PM
    robert benner

Member:
    eastern PA
    Vehicle:
    Hello: They call it RAS. Plenty of info about it on the web. The spring mounts between your shackle and axle and then is preloaded to hold the leaf springs in place. They basically perform like helpers just a lot better. If you do not mind your truck being a truck, this keeps the front end planted down and the rear end stable through turns along with the other stuff. Remember the best performing trucks that only get occasional off road use are the ones that have the rear slightly higher then the front(this is just my opinion from owning about 10 diff. trucks in 15 years).
    Thanx. Rob

9. Jan 12, 2009 at 7:25 PM
    robert benner

Member:
    eastern PA
    Vehicle:
    Yeh Chris: I know that my titan is not quite all 3/4 ton, but with heavy off road springs , bilstiens, AAL, brake improvements, E rated tires, 44 Dana Axle, and RAS, this truck outperforms any chevy or ford 3/4 ton I have had. The 08' titan has a lot of improvements from the previous years. Now if I can get this type of performance into my play Taco(wife likes it), I will be very happy?

10. Jan 12, 2009 at 8:11 PM
    Downsouth Motorsports

Downsouth Motorsports Downsouth Motorsport Vendor

Member:
    Mission Valley, San Diego
    2017 4-Runner Dirt King Long Travel King 2.5 Coil-Over / 2.5 Bypass Front and Rear ICON Rear Upper and Lower Arms ICON Rear 2" Springs 285 x 70 x 17 Toyo Tires on 17" x 8" ICON Wheels
    I would personally use the Deaver Mini Pack over the traditional AAL any day! The Deaver pack basicly reconfigures your original leaf pack with 3 progressively rated springs. The benifit: increased ride height without the ride quality change. Its a fact that a traditional AAL will lift the rear but it will also make the ride stiffer. Depending on the use of the truck would be the deciding factor as to which way I would go. If you tow more than you off road , than go with the single dense leaf. If you Off Road and want more wheel travel, articulation and ride quality I would go with the Mini Pack.

As for the spacer stack:

Stacking the two isnt recomended but some do it to go beyond 2.5" of lift. You are better off replacing them with the Bilstiens because of the ride quality difference and off road performance. Either kit just pre loads the spring to increase ride height. However the spacer kit utilizes the O.E. strut which we all know cant be compared to the performance of the 5100 Bilstiens- even better than the TRD yellow Bilstiens, with the capibility to adjust ride height...

Products Discussed in

To Top