Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Light racing ball joint

Old 08-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
getpsycho is on a distinguished road
getpsycho's Tacoma Gallery
Light racing ball joint

Hi everyone

Just want to have your opinions. I put LR UCA on my tacoma with a OME setup with 885. I drove it for about 30 000km. Last week i have to change the wheel bearing on the front right wheel and i notice that the ball joint is loose. I don't know how to say that, i'm a french speeking guy so...But the ball joint have a big play from up to down like almost 1/4 of a inch. I'm the only one to see this? I don't really off-road, i just installed them to correct my alignment. I think this UCA is supposed to be tougher than the stock?

Excuse my english
Old 08-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
pm BGR , he has had his LR UCA balljoints replaced under warranty twice I think
Old 08-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Mine have over 20,000 miles on them and are tighter than a drum. I wheel them pretty hard, too. Odd.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
pm BGR , he has had his LR UCA balljoints replaced under warranty twice I think
By BGR he means TW Member "brutalguyracing". You can send him a private message. He is a nice guy, his name is Scott.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
By BGR he means TW Member "brutalguyracing". You can send him a private message. He is a typical DB NYR fan , his name is DB .
Ya , my bad
Old 08-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
Banned
evh5150 will become famous soon enough
Name: Eddie
evh5150's Tacoma Gallery
Soon as I replace mine with something else my LR UCA's are going right in the trash
Old 08-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evh5150 View Post
Soon as I replace mine with something else my LR UCA's are going right in the trash
Why? Even with bad bushings they're worth selling.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #8
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
i've had zero issues with mine in 3 years,but i dont wheel hard or hardly at all anymore
Old 08-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #9
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Is this a common problem LR uca's? I find it odd that this thread has popped up just as I am planning to install mine....
Old 08-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
Is this a common problem LR uca's? I find it odd that this thread has popped up just as I am planning to install mine....
No, there have been a few cases of parts not performing like they should but SPC has generally taken care of it (Specialty Parts Company is the parent to Light Racing). I wouldn't hesitate to throw a set on my truck.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #11
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
No, there have been a few cases of parts not performing like they should but SPC has generally taken care of it (Specialty Parts Company is the parent to Light Racing). I wouldn't hesitate to throw a set on my truck.
ok cool, thanks.