Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Is it 2",2.5", or 3" ? Completely confused!

Old 08-25-2012, 07:17 AM   #1
JP22 is on a distinguished road
JP22's Tacoma Gallery
Is it 2",2.5", or 3" ? Completely confused!

After looking at ALL the lifts, I had decided to go with the OME setup. But after talking with the different distributors I got 3 different answers on the lift heights. I want 2.5-3" to fit the tires and wheels I like. So which height should I expect with the full OME setup.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beast Mode's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you get the top plate spacer to get the full 3".
Old 08-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast Mode View Post
Bingo!
Old 08-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast Mode View Post
Not true for all cases
Old 08-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #6
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec guys are GREAT--They helped w/my lift.
I am sure others are good too--just saying my experience.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #9
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Which coils ?
Old 08-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #10
JP22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
884s, 885s, 885x's, or 886 coils?
885 coils is what was quoted. 3 quotes and 3 different heights.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #11
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP22 View Post
885 coils is what was quoted. 3 quotes and 3 different heights.
885's with no top plate spacer raised my DCLB 4x4 2 1/2" up front , hasn't moved in over a year

1/4" top plate spacers will get you another 1/2" of lift

Don't forget to add the 5mm trim packer to the driver's side shock below the coil mount for taco lean
Old 08-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #12
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
885's with no top plate spacer raised my DCLB 4x4 2 1/2" up front , hasn't moved in over a year

1/4" top plate spacers will get you another 1/2" of lift

Don't forget to add the 5mm trim packer to the driver's side shock below the coil mount for taco lean
X2
Old 08-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #13
JP22's Tacoma Gallery
2.5 is what I would like 3 would be ok. I just couldn't figure why there was 3 different heights on the same parts. This is the first lift I have done and it is for my son. So I want it to be RIGHT. It's a double cab short bed 4x4 with really crappy factory leaf springs. Thats why I had decided to go OME to get the dakars included in the package. And it was HIGHLY recommended by most everyone on the site.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Cause all trucks are different so some say 2.5" some say 3" but realistically w/o top plate you prolly won't get a full 3". Plan to get some new UCA at 2.5" and higher lift.