LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

So I went to Camburg....

Old 08-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #21
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
+2 on DSM, i ordered 14" coil overs from them for a past project and they were extremely friendly and knowledgeable on the phone and via email.

a little bit more money...http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-59...re-runner.html but there may be some room for haggling, or see what setup they could whip up.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #22
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosaucer View Post
the camburg 2.5 trail kit is not a long travel kit.

here the link again.
http://www.camburg.com/store/susp-sy...rformance-kit/

So its a Mid travel kit, 2.5 being the gained travel over stock not the extended track width. Kinda pricey considering the Shocks are non-res. There are alot of other options you can go.

DSM is a great start for Coilovers/replacement shocks ( Kings), pricing is good, and just buy a set of UCA's.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #23
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
2.5 is referring to the diameter of the coilover...
Old 08-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #24
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
2.5 is referring to the diameter of the coilover...

that too...
Old 08-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #25
tacosaucer is on a distinguished road

Name: Kris
tacosaucer's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #26
motoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Scott
motoxscott's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by veet skeet View Post
They gave me a bogus number to call for another off road shop... Felt like they were being sarcastic/condescending...
I didn't deal with you, but we gave you the phone number we have on file for OC Motosports in Costa Mesa. You were looking for a shop to modify your body mounts behind the front tire. No "BOGUS" number was given to you, and we are completely booked with fab work for the next 3 weeks, so we offered you an alternative to speed up the process.

OC Motorsports
2524 Harbor Blvd
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
http://www.ocmotorsports.com/

Sorry if you felt otherwise.

- Scott @ Camburg
Old 08-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #27
motoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotoxscott is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
.... and was greeted by a barefoot kid that didnt have any answers.
You're describing Dillon our web designer and graphic artist that also helps out with sales when we're short-handed or extremely busy and tied up. Not sure when you stopped by, but it could have been during a time when most of the shop is gone at an off-road race.

Feel free to give us call if you have any questions ... we have some of the best customer service out there, but remember we're a small company and don't have 20 people standing by the phone waiting for it to ring. Also contact any of our dealers as they can help you out and supply you what you're looking for as well.

- Scott @ Camburg
Old 08-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #29
aportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of light
EMS:
Name: Austin
aportis72's Tacoma Gallery
Been waiting for my full midtravel kit from Camburg for over a month now :/

I should clarify. Camburg has been very helpful and always answered my phone calls. It is Fox that is slow. Camburg is waiting on fox to get them my shocks before they can ship them.

Thanks camburg
Old 08-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportis72 View Post
Been waiting for my full midtravel kit from Camburg for over a month now :/
Austin .... We're waiting for them as well. You ordered FOX coilovers and rear FOX shocks that were ordered the same day you placed your order with us. FOX moved locations and that has completely slowed down their production for the last 4-5 weeks. I will try and get you an eta as soon as I can from them.

- Scott @ Camburg
Old 08-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #32
and to let you know our email is down as a new server was installed in-house over the weekend that isn't happy right now.

If you need to send us an email send it to CamburgSales@gmail.com for the time being.

- Scott @ Camburg
Old 08-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #33
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxscott View Post
You're describing Dillon our web designer and graphic artist that also helps out with sales when we're short-handed or extremely busy and tied up. Not sure when you stopped by, but it could have been during a time when most of the shop is gone at an off-road race.

Feel free to give us call if you have any questions ... we have some of the best customer service out there, but remember we're a small company and don't have 20 people standing by the phone waiting for it to ring. Also contact any of our dealers as they can help you out and supply you what you're looking for as well.

- Scott @ Camburg
So what about the time I called for a week strait, leaving a voicemail every time, and 3 emails without a call back? And no...there was no races going on.
You guys did actually email me back 3 weeks later saying you were "exceptionally busy." I guess random joe off the street wanting consumable parts just isn't as important as your trophy trucks.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #34
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
And it begins..
Old 08-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
So what about the time I called for a week strait, leaving a voicemail every time, and 3 emails without a call back? And no...there was no races going on.
You guys did actually email me back 3 weeks later saying you were "exceptionally busy." I guess random joe off the street wanting consumable parts just isn't as important as your trophy trucks.
Maybe we did call you back and just could not get a hold of you. Don't know the exact circumstances around your case, but you'd be surprised how many voicemails we get to call people back and they dont leave a #, or their voice mailbox is full, or not even setup ... not saying this happened with you just painting a picture. We did have a time where emails weren't getting answered quickly, because of mail server issues, hence why we have a new server getting installed and setup. Some people that handled some of those aspects don't work here anymore, that was part of the problem as well.

My point is if we didnt care ... you would have never gotten a follow up even weeks later and I wouldn't be on here right now on my own personal time.

We get hundreds of calls everyday and if everyone calls at once, then most aren't gonna get through at the same time, but we will get back to you if you give us the opportunity.

Most emails are answered in 1-2 days since we get 50+ a day and voicemails are called back the same day or next.

Take what I have to say for what its worth ... if you don't think we get back to people and we don't spend more time than most with our customers, test that theory and contact us.

No one company is perfect, not Camburg, Total Chaos, King, FOX, etc. I know because I hear these same issues about every one of these companies at one point or another. We're all doing the best with what we can at that point in time. I've said what I need to say and hopefully proven a point even though I'm sure some of the internet bullys will want to keep kicking an imaginary dead horse because they like brand x over brand z and feel they have to discredit others to build up another.

- Scott @ Camburg
Old 08-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
I remember last year at off road expo I asked the camburg booth for a sticker and the guy and girl at the booth would not even give me their smallest sticker . They said I had to purchase it . The one and only experience I had with camburg . I was in SHOCK I must admit .
Well send me your address and I will mail you some if you want ... Certain stickers we don't give away because frankly their not cheap to make and others we do, but also know we're not "allowed" to give out free stickers at the booth at Offroad Expo since years past they had a huge problem with buildings and vehicles getting "tagged up" with them. So we have to "sell them".

I worked both days and personally gave out hundreds of all the freebie stickers we had, so someone got them

Maybe they are on ebay for sale ......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAMBURG-RACI...bb89ed&vxp=mtr

Yep ... here's one of our free stickers on sale for $4.99, what a bargain haha

-Scott
Old 08-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #38
tacosaucer is on a distinguished road

Name: Kris
tacosaucer's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Thanks Scott, this wasnt intended to turn into a witch hunt. I just wanted to know if my first impression was the average experience.

your shop is busy, i get it. you guys are racers, wrenchers and fabricators. my expectations my not have been fair. im 100% new to off roading and modifying trucks. when i went in there i expected to someone to fill in the newb gaps. perhaps my timing was bad. i dont know.

when i have my money together, ill come in and try it again...... ill bring some extra flip flops. i dont think your web guy can afford shoes.

BTW thanks for keeping your cool, responding to peoples complaints and not snapping on anyone. it aint easy being on top.

Quote:

- Scott @ Camburg
Old 08-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #39
Quote:
when i have my money together, ill come in and try it again...... ill bring some extra flip flops. i dont think your web guy can afford shoes.
Flip flops must be company issued since one of the owners Jason here wears them all the time TIG welding haha. It's a beach thing, plus we know how hot its been lately. I was about to setup my desk in a kiddy pool outside.

- Scott
Old 08-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #40
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well send me your address and I will mail you some if you want ... Certain stickers we don't give away because frankly their not cheap to make and others we do, but also know we're not "allowed" to give out free stickers at the booth at Offroad Expo since years past they had a huge problem with buildings and vehicles getting "tagged up" with them. So we have to "sell them".

I worked both days and personally gave out hundreds of all the freebie stickers we had, so someone got them

Maybe they are on ebay for sale ......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAMBURG-RACI...bb89ed&vxp=mtr

Yep ... here's one of our free stickers on sale for $4.99, what a bargain haha

-Scott
It's ok .Thanks anyways . I don't want to be sticker bombed here at home .Me and some friends just thought it was odd to hear they were only for sale . Didn't know of any rules