Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

So I went to Camburg....

Old 08-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
tacosaucer is on a distinguished road

Name: Kris
tacosaucer's Tacoma Gallery
So I went to Camburg....

.... and was greeted by a barefoot kid that didnt have any answers. Anytime i asked a question he disappeared into the back for the answer, then came back out. they didnt have anything in stock for me to look at. after asking a few questions i kinda just gave up and left.

im by no means rich. i cant really afford their kit. im scrapping for it. im not sure if this is what i want anymore. im a huge fan of customer service. with their reputation and high price i kind of expected more from camburg.

if this is anyone elses experience please let me know. if it was just a random mishap and those guys are awesome id also like to know. im just not a fan of handing my money over to a business that doesnt give two sh*ts about their customer. in this economy $3000 is A LOT for someone like me to drop.

EDIT: UPDATE: After this post was made Camburg made good with me. I bought their product. i love it and they are extremely helpful. Pay no mind to this thread.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
veet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the rough

veet skeet's Tacoma Gallery
They gave me a bogus number to call for another off road shop... Felt like they were being sarcastic/condescending...
Old 08-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well I personally have had great customer service from them over email and phone. Every time I called within the past few years they answer on the 3rd ring.

Yes I know the kid your talking about He was not barefoot when I got there but yes he is a little uneducated about their products. I feel that if you have someone like that around the shop...show them and teach them a few basic things.

Oh and in reference to items in stock, most of the time their LT kits are built after you order them. The shocks get ordered around that time as well.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Well I personally have had great customer service from them over email and phone. Every time I called within the past few years they answer on the 3rd ring.

Yes I know the kid your talking about He was not barefoot when I got there but yes he is a little uneducated about their products. I feel that if you have someone like that around the shop...show them and teach them a few basic things.

Oh and in reference to items in stock, most of the time their LT kits are built after you order them. The shocks get ordered around that time as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosaucer View Post
.... and was greeted by a barefoot kid that didnt have any answers. Anytime i asked a question he disappeared into the back for the answer, then came back out. they didnt have anything in stock for me to look at. after asking a few questions i kinda just gave up and left.

im by no means rich. i cant really afford their kit. im scrapping for it. im not sure if this is what i want anymore. im a huge fan of customer service. with their reputation and high price i kind of expected more from camburg.

if this is anyone elses experience please let me know. if it was just a random mishap and those guys are awesome id also like to know. im just not a fan of handing my money over to a business that doesnt give two sh*ts about their customer. in this economy $3000 is A LOT for someone like me to drop.

if someone can recommend an alternative to the camburg 2.5 trail kit im all ears.

did you guys maybe think the kid is new and still learning? him running into the back to ask a question that he doesnt know the answer to is called learning. how else is the kid going to learn?

and all pro has a 2 inch kit, but i say fuck that, camburg all the way IMO.

EDIT: and i buy parts that i know are tested and proven, like camburg. no problems with their kits. their customer service may not be up to par but their parts sure are.
or you can call all pro with a little better cust service, and not receive a product near like camburgs.

and i thought camburg doesnt have a 2 inch kit? only a 3.5? i thought tc is who has the 2 inch kit?
Old 08-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Havnt heard anyone having any problems with the allpro kit.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

if someone can recommend an alternative to the camburg 2.5 trail kit im all ears.
Your going to drop a lot of $$$ if you go LT no matter which company you go with. AP makes a good LT kit for 2nd gen tacomas. I think AP's LT kit a bit cheaper than TC or Burg.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #8
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

if someone can recommend an alternative
http://www.chaosfab.com/
Old 08-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #9

im quite sure the kid was new or just young. its not that impatient. its just that id like to have some confidence in whom im dealing with when it comes to spending a lot of money on suspension

this is what im looking at
http://www.camburg.com/store/susp-sy...rformance-kit/
Old 08-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #10
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
camburg customer service sucks. Nothing new... Go with TC.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #11
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
camburg customer service sucks. Nothing new... Go with TC.
This is true, After my Customer service event with them Camburg they can stick it, if you can't wait I'd recommend Total Chaos, Ive had great customer service from TC. If you can Wait, Built Right will be making a 2 inch sometime this year.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #12
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
I say give it one more try if you really think its what you want. If you get the kid again, ask him to go get someone that has more experience. Its not rude, its your hard earned money. The kid can practice on another customer.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
did you guys maybe think the kid is new and still learning? him running into the back to ask a question that he doesnt know the answer to is called learning. how else is the kid going to learn?

and all pro has a 2 inch kit, but i say fuck that, camburg all the way IMO.
That's a pretty shitty training program if you ask me... I wouldn't have any confidence handing over that kind of coin to someone that inexperienced either. There's nothing wrong with being new and inexperienced, but you still have to consider customer service. The first time he had to run to the back, the person he was questioning should have come up to the front with him and handled the questions, not have the kid play messanger. That's very frustrating to a customer (I equate that to dealing with an inexperienced car salesman. It's annoying to see them have to get up and go ask someone else every time you ask him something).
Old 08-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
That's a pretty shitty training program if you ask me... I wouldn't have any confidence handing over that kind of coin to someone that inexperienced either. There's nothing wrong with being new and inexperienced, but you still have to consider customer service. The first time he had to run to the back, the person he was questioning should have come up to the front with him and handled the questions, not have the kid play messanger. That's very frustrating to a customer (I equate that to dealing with an inexperienced car salesman. It's annoying to see them have to get up and go ask someone else every time you ask him something).

EXACTLY!!!!
I own a business. people being trained help when they can, observe when they cant. this is a lot of money being spent on equipment that can make or break my truck and or my life.

im just a working class guy looking to spend his coin on a local business. i grew up in huntington beach. 2 blocks from Camburg. i had a sense of hometown and american made pride when i walked in. when i left i wondered if i could just do things online.

EDIT: Total chaos was the first place recommended to me. im the kind of guy that likes to be able to walk into a place and see their operation. total chaos is more of a drive for me than camburg. looks like ill be taking a trip to corona. but if i see one person without shoes im outta there!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #15
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
It's camburg not footlocker .Also if you think $3k on a LT kit is going to possibly break your life , you should pass on going LT .$3k is nothing .
Old 08-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
It's camburg not footlocker .Also if you think $3k on a LT kit is going to possibly break your life , you should pass on going LT .$3k is nothing .
the camburg 2.5 trail kit is not a long travel kit.

here the link again.
http://www.camburg.com/store/susp-sy...rformance-kit/
Old 08-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #17

the rest of the 3k is in the deaver leaf spring pack etc
Old 08-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #18
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
OP I'm assuming your getting the coil overs, uca and rear shock set up correct? if so i would call down south motor sports
Old 08-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #19
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
OP I'm assuming your getting the coil overs, uca and rear shock set up correct? if so i would call down south motor sports
big X2

and go with a company that built their own shocks and put the time into R&D and production. camburg coilovers are just re-badged SAW shocks...
Old 08-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #20
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
big X2

and go with a company that built their own shocks and put the time into R&D and production. camburg coilovers are just re-badged SAW shocks...
yep exactly, i would pick king fox or icon any day over SAW's