LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How to remove sway bar?

Old 08-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
ikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud of

Marines: 3rd Force Reconnaissance Company
Name: Andrew
ikillterrorists's Tacoma Gallery
How to remove sway bar?

I'm pretty sure I saw a thread here before with pictures on how to remove the sway bar but I now can't find it.
I've never done this before and have no idea what I'm doing, or what the sway bar even looks like. Help??
Old 08-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
canoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bill
canoeski's Tacoma Gallery
This might help:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...e-install.html

(just don't ask ME any followup questions. Not an expert.)
Old 08-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
Busting hymens since 2014
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Why are you removing it?

Remember, you must first remove the skid plate and those brackets that connect the bumper to the crossmember.

Here is the instructions from the FSM...

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/...a/03901110.pdf
Old 08-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
ikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud of

Marines: 3rd Force Reconnaissance Company
Name: Andrew
ikillterrorists's Tacoma Gallery
Well I have a procomp 3" suspension lift and it's pretty stiff, so I want to see if removing the sway bar makes it smoother. The thing is I have already pretty much gotten used to the stiffness, since I've had the lift for almost 2 years now.