Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" lift questions

Old 08-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
hopper344 is on a distinguished road
hopper344's Tacoma Gallery
3" lift questions

I have a 2007 double cab TRD. I wish to fit 33s under it like I did years ago with a 1999 TRD I used to have. My 1999 had a Rough country 3" spacer kit with extended nitro shocks. I am going for looks with my new truck as stays on the road with probably little dirt road and field driving. I want to do it right to limit or Elimate creating issues with my truck down the road.

I am looking on advice on exactly what kit to buy. With any extra I may need. As I am the soul bread winner a family with 2 children, not trying to spend a lot for a road truck.

Also any advice on good cheaper AT tires ( I have been using BFG KOs).
Old 08-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Search the suspension threads bud...this has been covered many times.

Welcome to TW
Old 08-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/
Old 08-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
I know it's been covered. But I was looking for a more customized answer and things changed. I have been looking at the rectek kit. Is there much a ride difference between what my spacer kit on the 1999?
Old 08-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopper344 View Post
I have a 2007 double cab TRD. I wish to fit 33s under it like I did years ago with a 1999 TRD I used to have. My 1999 had a Rough country 3" spacer kit with extended nitro shocks. I am going for looks with my new truck as stays on the road with probably little dirt road and field driving. I want to do it right to limit or Elimate creating issues with my truck down the road.

I am looking on advice on exactly what kit to buy. With any extra I may need. As I am the soul bread winner a family with 2 children, not trying to spend a lot for a road truck.

Also any advice on good cheaper AT tires ( I have been using BFG KOs).
Don't go spacer lift if you want what you posted in bold.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Dont go with a Spacer lift again! If you want quality and not something too exspensive then I would def. do a OME lift. With there shocks.

~885 Coils
~Trim packer
~Shocks for front and rear
~For a good rear lift.. Wheelers Progressive 3-Leaf AAL
~ For better allignment and articulation I would for sure get some Light Racing UCA's
You may need/want a Diff. Drop to help your CV's but its really not neccesary..

Also if the 885 coils dont give you a full 3" lift which it probably wont. You will get like 2.5-2.75" lift. You might want to consider some 1/4" top plate spacers.

Wheelersoffroad.com OR Toyteclifts.com are good places to buy from Also DownSouthMotorSports.com

Good Luck!

Evan
Old 08-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #8
So I will have problems with a spacer kit like the Rectek kit? I have heard about people building their own kits and saving a lot of money... Anyone done this and can lay it out for me?
Old 08-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Spacers can ride rough and there's the possibility of breaking shocks. It's the cheapest way to lift the truck, both in price and quality. Stuff from OME or some Bilstein 5100's with an AAL will be a better option that's still affordable and the truck won't ride like shit.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #10
I hear problems from I hear people complain about is ride quality. Am I really going to see alot more problems with a spacer kit?
Old 08-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #11
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #12
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopper344 View Post
I hear problems from I hear people complain about is ride quality. Am I really going to see alot more problems with a spacer kit?
Yepppppp
Old 08-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #13
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETaco23 View Post
Dont go with a Spacer lift again! If you want quality and not something too exspensive then I would def. do a OME lift. With there shocks.

~885 Coils
~Trim packer
~Shocks for front and rear
~For a good rear lift.. Wheelers Progressive 3-Leaf AAL
~ For better allignment and articulation I would for sure get some Light Racing UCA's
You may need/want a Diff. Drop to help your CV's but its really not neccesary..

Also if the 885 coils dont give you a full 3" lift which it probably wont. You will get like 2.5-2.75" lift. You might want to consider some 1/4" top plate spacers.

Wheelersoffroad.com OR Toyteclifts.com are good places to buy from Also DownSouthMotorSports.com

Good Luck!

Evan
X2....
Old 08-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #14
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Trust us when we say spacer lifts are crap and could damage your shocks and or coils... Go with either OME or Bilstein 5100's.. Both are good, but OME is better.. In my opinion.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #15
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm suprised no one has mentioned OME yet .

I'd get that OP
Old 08-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #16
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to 1GR
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I'm suprised no one has mentioned OME yet .

I'd get that OP
This.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #17
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR View Post
This.
you get my pm from earlier ?
Old 08-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #18
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. I am pondering ideas as to what it could still be. I'm stumped.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:43 PM   #19
Toyota Dealer Technician

1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Pm replied. More like an essay. Hope it helps.