Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Looking for more lift out of a LT kit.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
Jyam180p is on a distinguished road
Jyam180p's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for more lift out of a LT kit.

Hi. This is my first post and form I ever joined so bare with me while I figure things out.
I've been toiling over the options for lift on my truck. I know I'm not into the drop bracket lift because I like to actually use my truck. I've done mounds of web combing for info on all of the different LT kits. My issue is that I was looking for more clearance than the LT kits provide. Is there any other additional add ons that you can get for a LT kit to make it about 6" of suspension lift? (not including tires) I'm more into the cross country, river crossings and far out camping kind of off roading rather than huck'n off jumps and hitting woops at 70 kind, so the higher center of gravity would not be as much of an issue for what I do. Anybody know of any options? It's a 4x4 so I never saw any drop spindles available.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Well you can crank the coilovers higher to achieve the 6" lift... It will make for one shitty ride but oh well I suppose

A LT kit will cost you over $4000 for just the front.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
Ya, thats what I don't want to do. I'm aware of the cost of the kits so making it ride shitty after all that money spent would be a waste. I built a '94 toyota with a I beam front end so I'm used to what you can do with adjusting the coils. it's much more forgiving on a dual rate spring setup. I believe the LT kits are only one spring per shock correct?
Old 08-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
your really not going to get much more clearance than with a lt kit, just put some preload on the coils get some 35s and thats about as best as your going to reliably do. You could get somebody to fab some geared hubs like a h1 but thats pretty damn complicated and you would be wide as shit.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyam180p View Post
I'm more into the cross country, river crossings and far out camping kind of off roading rather than huck'n off jumps and hitting woops at 70 kind,
Sounds like LT is not for you.

Look into a good 3" lift with coilovers and armor up.....skids, sliders, bumpers.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
Well I did more digging on the subject and figure that a 2" LT kit would be my best option for what I'm looking for. I hear that 35" tires will not fit on a LT setup without some body mount chopping and firewall mods. (obviously fenders too) Has anyone done this setup? If so could you let me know what you had to fab/ cut besides fenders to make 35's fit?
Old 04-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Sniff around here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...el-suspension/

Entire sub-forum about LT. The BS thread would be a great place to ask this question. I don't have input on LT because I don't have it (would like to though)
Old 04-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #9
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Sounds like LT is not for you.

Look into a good 3" lift with coilovers and armor up.....skids, sliders, bumpers.
x2. Based on what you told us you plan on doing with your truck, LT seems like overkill for you.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 + IFS = only so much lift before you start replacing CVs every weekend.
Drop bracket buys you a bit more lift, but doesn't help clearance.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #11
CV's can be upgraded to high angel knuckles, but it is a limiting factor. DB lifts are more for looks and I do use every bit of my truck when I go on a trip so this would not be the right setup for me. LT systems are about as good as you can get out of IFS as far as articulation and keeping the tires on the ground with the added drop. This is what i'm looking for so that question can be laid to rest. I was just inquiring on the mods needed to clear 35's on full compression and lock. I understand the fenders need to be glass or cut to hell, but I'm guessing the body mounts and fender wells will need some "tuning"?