1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for more lift out of a LT kit.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Jyam180p, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Aug 26, 2012 at 8:51 PM
    Jyam180p

Jyam180p [OP] Member

Member:
    Fort Bragg,CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Taco 4X4
    All Pro LT kit, All Pro Expo leafs, u bolt flip kit, Fox 2.5's, Trail Ready bead locks, Owens tool box, Timbren bumps, Mc'Neil 3"x3" fenders,Relentless Fab bumper.
    Hi. This is my first post and form I ever joined so bare with me while I figure things out:D.
    I've been toiling over the options for lift on my truck. I know I'm not into the drop bracket lift because I like to actually use my truck. I've done mounds of web combing for info on all of the different LT kits. My issue is that I was looking for more clearance than the LT kits provide. Is there any other additional add ons that you can get for a LT kit to make it about 6" of suspension lift? (not including tires) I'm more into the cross country, river crossings and far out camping kind of off roading rather than huck'n off jumps and hitting woops at 70 kind, so the higher center of gravity would not be as much of an issue for what I do. Anybody know of any options? It's a 4x4 so I never saw any drop spindles available.

2. Aug 28, 2012 at 6:22 PM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Supercharged Lifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R Supercharged
    Supercharged on One Tons
    Well you can crank the coilovers higher to achieve the 6" lift... It will make for one shitty ride but oh well I suppose

A LT kit will cost you over $4000 for just the front.

3. Aug 29, 2012 at 4:51 PM
    Jyam180p

Jyam180p [OP] Member

Member:
    Fort Bragg,CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Taco 4X4
    All Pro LT kit, All Pro Expo leafs, u bolt flip kit, Fox 2.5's, Trail Ready bead locks, Owens tool box, Timbren bumps, Mc'Neil 3"x3" fenders,Relentless Fab bumper.
    Ya, thats what I don't want to do. I'm aware of the cost of the kits so making it ride shitty after all that money spent would be a waste. I built a '94 toyota with a I beam front end so I'm used to what you can do with adjusting the coils. it's much more forgiving on a dual rate spring setup. I believe the LT kits are only one spring per shock correct?

4. Aug 29, 2012 at 4:55 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    your really not going to get much more clearance than with a lt kit, just put some preload on the coils get some 35s and thats about as best as your going to reliably do. You could get somebody to fab some geared hubs like a h1 but thats pretty damn complicated and you would be wide as shit.

5. Aug 29, 2012 at 4:58 PM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!

6. Aug 29, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sounds like LT is not for you.

Look into a good 3" lift with coilovers and armor up.....skids, sliders, bumpers.

7. Apr 21, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    Jyam180p

Jyam180p [OP] Member

Member:
    Fort Bragg,CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Taco 4X4
    Well I did more digging on the subject and figure that a 2" LT kit would be my best option for what I'm looking for. I hear that 35" tires will not fit on a LT setup without some body mount chopping and firewall mods. (obviously fenders too) Has anyone done this setup? If so could you let me know what you had to fab/ cut besides fenders to make 35's fit?

8. Apr 21, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    16 Sierra SLT All Terrain
    Readylift, Truxedo, Husky Liners, Carven
  9. Apr 21, 2013 at 2:00 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    4x4 + IFS = only so much lift before you start replacing CVs every weekend.
    Drop bracket buys you a bit more lift, but doesn't help clearance.

10. Apr 21, 2013 at 7:30 PM
    Jyam180p

Jyam180p [OP] Member

Member:
    Fort Bragg,CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Taco 4X4
    CV's can be upgraded to high angel knuckles, but it is a limiting factor. DB lifts are more for looks and I do use every bit of my truck when I go on a trip so this would not be the right setup for me. LT systems are about as good as you can get out of IFS as far as articulation and keeping the tires on the ground with the added drop. This is what i'm looking for so that question can be laid to rest. I was just inquiring on the mods needed to clear 35's on full compression and lock. I understand the fenders need to be glass or cut to hell, but I'm guessing the body mounts and fender wells will need some "tuning"?

Products Discussed in

To Top