Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Help with New Shocks/Struts

Old 08-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
JHicks is on a distinguished road
JHicks's Tacoma Gallery
Help with New Shocks/Struts

I have a 97 Tacoma V6 ExtraCab. I purchased it with a lift already on it. The front have a 1 5/8" spacer sitting on top of the spring (I don't know if this is stock??) and the back has a 3" block between the axle and the leaf spring.

I've called a few places and so far no luck finding shocks/struts (front and rear) to fit this.

Can anyone give me a hand with this?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Ferntucky, NV
Pics of shock & spacer?
It sounds like it's just stock with a spacer lift.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
JHicks's Tacoma Gallery
Here's photos. Hope this helps.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Are you just wanting new replacement shocks but keep the blocks and spacer lift?
Old 08-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a good time to ditch the spacers and blocks and upgrade to a better setup with new shocks.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:15 AM   #6
JHicks's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking to just replace the shocks.