Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ICON NEW PRODUCT!!

Old 08-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
ICON NEW PRODUCT!!

So I was just chatting with the guys at ICON and he said that under the radar they have been building an LCA skid that allows for use of the stock LCA, and provides a mount point for a secondary shock So now there's another player besides Total Chaos offering dual front shocks for those guys that like whoops. He said it's still in development but should be released in a month or so! How cool is that! He said he may be able to send me pictures so I'll put em in here if I get them. In the mean time check out this video to see the setup in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2yisWk37vUU
Old 08-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Few pics are posted here.

http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/_...j-summit-no-6/
Old 08-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds
Old 08-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting...
Old 08-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Video does look good though
Old 08-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
interesting
Old 10-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #8
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

any more word from this?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #9
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I believe it's on the market, give em a call.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
I believe it's on the market, give em a call.

i was just on their sire looking but i didnt see it on there
Old 10-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #11
Purveyor of Fun

Hmmm I still call them. They seemed to be itching to give out details haha
Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #12
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
i was just on their sire looking but i didnt see it on there
their site sucks for products. best bet is to call them directly.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
their site sucks for products. best bet is to call them directly.

ok
Old 10-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #14

on the phone now
Old 10-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #15

well called.

sounds like they are unveiling the skids for the 4runners this weekend.

and to expect the kit for the tacoma to be out around december.

he said it will be sold as a kit. they designed the second shock for the kit.

i asked for a ball park price but he wasnt allowed to answer. i mentioned the TC lca and he said it would be cheaper than that.

ill probably buy the skid then do the secondary shock later since it sounds like i wont be able to afford the whole shibang at once.

i was gonna buy the bamf lca but this is exciting and i may go this route instead. definitely waiting til this is on the market before i make my choice and im leaning towards this
Old 10-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #16

boner
Old 10-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #18
Purveyor of Fun

It's a crazy setup, to be sure. I would think only the desert racers would REALLY benefit from this one. As cool as it is, I might have to say I don't need it. Which is something I have never ever said about anything related to my tacoma. hahaa
Old 10-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #19

i think it may be perfect for me.

i have no plans to go long travel so this would be perfect for my quest on mid travel
Old 10-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #20
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Let's see how 'cool' it is when we see where/how/what the secondary shock mounts to on the lower arm. Also, you will probably want to gusset the living crap out of the front end (spindles, etc.) if you are going to utilize the two shocks up front. You're still using the stock LCA after all.