Old 08-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
ULtRaMan is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
ULtRaMan's Tacoma Gallery
what else do I need?

Hi all, im about to order this on DSM:
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-94...12-tacoma.html

But before I do I have a few questions:

-Does this lift kit have everything I need? I dont want to go all the way to a 3" lift due to possible of changing the UCAs. I want to have at least 2" lift and level out the truck.

-Also which coils should I choose? Stock/Light load or heavy load

I have a 2012 DCLB Prerunner.
I dont really go off-road, mainly this is my everyday pavement driven truck, but I want to lift it the right way. Im still trying to get the FJ SE Wheels and want to run 265/75/16 or maybe even 285

Ultimately, is this the best kit for my needs? I read lots of good reviews on the OME setup. If you have other recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks all!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
It has the main bits in it, but you will have to assemble your own coils and fiddle with the bushings on the dakars, both are kind of a pain I hear. Im having mine pre assembled from toytec.

I think either 885 or 886 coils for a dc, not sure there tbh. The dakars will push you up out back a good bit, and even at 2.5ish up front youll still have the factory rake.

Your prolly gonna need new uca's with that kit. The group buy forum has a great deal on light racing uca's going on right now tho, check into that.

You dont need a lift to run that tire size tho I dont think?

I suggest you call dsm or someplace directly and tell them what you want.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:41 AM   #3
ULtRaMan is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
ULtRaMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruKnight View Post
It has the main bits in it, but you will have to assemble your own coils and fiddle with the bushings on the dakars, both are kind of a pain I hear. Im having mine pre assembled from toytec.

I think either 885 or 886 coils for a dc, not sure there tbh. The dakars will push you up out back a good bit, and even at 2.5ish up front youll still have the factory rake.

Your prolly gonna need new uca's with that kit. The group buy forum has a great deal on light racing uca's going on right now tho, check into that.

You dont need a lift to run that tire size tho I dont think?

I suggest you call dsm or someplace directly and tell them what you want.
thanks for the info!
Old 08-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I just did 885 could in the front and just an aal in the rear. I didnt do ucas just because I dont have the cash right now. The alignment shop couldn't get the camber back right, but it drives good. No wander or anything. I got about 2.5" out of the front after settling. Im getting 265/75r16 tires tomorrow. I was going to do 886 coils, because I have a relentless bumper on order, but with only doing 265/75s I should be ok. if not ill get some 886s.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #7
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDBeast View Post
I just ordered the exact same setup! Cant wait. To go along with the previous post, are uca's really needed? I've had 2 opinions and both were conflicts. What do u guys thing?
Best you will probably get is "it depends on the truck". My personal experience, 885s without UCAs...caster was too low and it drove like crap at highway speeds. Got fed up after a month, put the UCAs on and I got 3* caster easy. Drives great now. I have never regretted spending the extra money on UCAs.