Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" body lift?

Old 08-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
3" body lift?

I see this guy's truck around a lot locally. It used to sit about as high as mine when I'd be next to him at a red light or parked at school. But then one day it's just like 3'' higher with 35's. I've never really got a good close up look at the truck, because that would be awkward if he saw me with my head in his fender wells checking things out. But I came across a couple photos on facebook and actually got a decent look. Looks like he was running some type of 3'' lift (possibly spacers from what I could tell when I parked next to him one day) and he's added a 3'' body lift. Looks that way to me anyways, because there's a good bit of frame hanging down (which I guess he tried to hide with the step bars) and also the bull bar looks funky that low too. And it's obviously not a drop bracket. I just wasn't sure because the rear bumper lines up like normal. But I guess he has a bracket or something to raise the rear bumper as well.

Just something I'd been wondering for a while and now that I finally have a picture to post on here, I thought I would. It definitely helps to realize how bad a body lift looks seeing it in person. Sure, he clears 35's, but it looks like shit. It helps to make me sure that I would gut my fenders and get a new bumper to fit 35's before I got a 3'' body lift.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The rear bumper lines up but the bull bar looks to sit low. Yes I agree it looks like $h!t.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
Lol, it's just funny to me. He would floor it through the parking lot after classes to rev up his honda civic sounding muffler, take off at traffic lights, etc. Riding around blaring shitty music, leaned waaaay back in his seat with one hand on the wheel. "That" kind of guy lol. Thinks his truck is the shit, when in reality his truck IS shit. ...well, the suspension anyway.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
JRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jarid
JRod4928's Tacoma Gallery
if he took the bull bar off, it'd look fine.

then again - see how it looks in a few months/years when his 3" pucks fail.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
nuckin futs member
RIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Stefan
RIDDICK3's Tacoma Gallery
you can see the garage through the frame in the back haha
Old 08-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDDICK3 View Post
you can see the garage through the frame in the back haha
Mother of good that's crazy
Old 08-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #9
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-31-2012, 10:03 AM   #10
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Looks at his wheels... That pretty much sums it up.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:56 AM   #11
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Def a body lift telling by that gap in the rear frame!