Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME Dakars vs All- Pro Expedition Leafs

Old 08-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
RubberTank is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
RubberTank's Tacoma Gallery
OME Dakars vs All- Pro Expedition Leafs

So long story short, with my extended warranty and obvious need of new leaf springs I was not able to get the leaf TSB done... well Toyota said they would do it for 2000$...

So anyways Im jut going the aftermarket route, so I've narrowed it down the to OME Dakars or the All Pro Expeditions, I have 5100's with eibachs set at 0 in front. I'm not too concerned about the rear lift height, I also have the stock length 5100's, so my questions is. 1) Which leafs do you prefer? 2) would I have to get new rear shocks for both leaf packs or just the all pros cause they are 3"?
Old 08-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You will get 2 1/2 - 3" from the Daks , more from the Expos

I'm happy with my Dakars , can't comment on the Expos as I have no experience with them
Old 08-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
i believe the expos will yeild 3" lift when loaded with 3-400 pounds, and 4" if unloaded.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Don't the Dakars have a notorious squeek?
Old 08-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
all leaf packs are prone to squeaks over time
Old 08-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Im debating myself on this right now....not buying very soon but not sure which pack I want to go with. I think if you want rake or dont mind it then the expos would give you more of it.

IMO if you are on eibachs and 5100s I would get the dakars. Your ass will be very high i think and look weird if you go with the expos. I have 5100s and 885s plus im gonna get a 1/4" spacer for the passesnger and 1/2" for the driver so I'll be pushing 3" up front as opposed to your 1.6ish? correct me if Im wrong.

Thats why I am considering the expos to keep a factory rake look as opposed to a more level look with dakars. I just dont know if I want a more level look or more rake.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #7
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
I have 885s & Dakars & got 3" front & rear with a shell so I maintianed stock rake.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You will need new shocks with either leaf pack and both would likely make your truck look funny because of the short lift up front and the tall lift in the rear. Wheeler's sells a 2" replacement leaf pack that might be more friendly to your stock height shocks although I don't know much about them besides they're made by Deaver. Alcan can make you a set of springs to any specification you want (lift height, capacity, etc). It's a bit more than an aftermarket replacement but you could retain your stock shocks and get a better leaf pack also.

Depending on how much you tow or haul, you might not necessarily need a replacement leaf pack. I'm running 5100's at 0 and Eibachs up front and the Icon progressive AAL in the rear and the overload in place (with a TSB leaf pack). It's been a nice setup so far, no complaints at all and I've got factory rake with my shell and tools in the bed. With you not having the TSB leaf pack, you'd likely have factory rake with an empty bed. I'm running this setup with stock length 5100's.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #9
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
my stock leafs have squeeked since day 1
Old 08-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
my expos don't make a sound! but I've never heard a bad thing about the dakars, both are a good leaf pack
Old 08-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
my expos don't make a sound! but I've never heard a bad thing about the dakars, both are a good leaf pack
You live in the desert
Old 08-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #13
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You live in the desert