Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Help deciding how to level my truck

Old 01-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #1
tuckerclarkson is on a distinguished road
tuckerclarkson's Tacoma Gallery
Help deciding how to level my truck

I've got an 06 tacoma 4x4 and I just put a big ARB deluxe winch bull bar on the front that has sagged the front end down about 2". I was wondering the best way to level it out so I have have the wheel travel that I used to. I was going to just put a 2" spacer on the front, but I'm worried about my coils losing their strength. I've heard about those 5100's, but I'm not quite sure if they're the right choice. Anybody have any ideas?

thanks
Old 01-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
The Bilstiens are a night and day improvement over ANY spacer kit! But because of the additional weight of your accessories I would recommend a custom valved replacement coil over. But if it comes down to cost Bilstien hands down!
Old 01-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
You need stronger coils... like 700 pounders... (and then new shocks to make the truck ride better... )
Old 01-14-2009, 11:34 PM   #4
m_yota will become famous soon enough

m_yota's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm installing the bilstein 5100 shocks all around. What is the best solution to level the truck. Do I set the front to 1.75" and do the TSB rear? Or set to 2.25" with the tsb? Some help please.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:38 AM   #5
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
You need stronger coils... like 700 pounders... (and then new shocks to make the truck ride better... )
+1,OME 886 coils, w/ome shocks.