Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Fox Shox OEM Replacement Issues

Old 09-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #41
mountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stefan
mountainprimat2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
The heavier side is the drivers side with the battery, driver and gas tank being on that side......sounds like you got OEM replacement shocks instead of the ext travel ones. Ext travel only give you an inch of travel but that's about the best you can do. Every bit of lift you get comes from the down travel so youl lwant the least amount of lift pssible....the manufacture of the shock usually has them at the ideal performance setting which is usully 2" of lift. That gives 2" of downtravel or 3" if you have the ext version. You should be able to have them converted without buying new shocks.

Yeah this was my fear, I have a feeling that they are OEM replacement and not extended travel. I wonder if fox would be down with helping out and converting them as part of a rebuild perhaps.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:54 AM   #42
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I know this thread is a million years old, but I'm curious to find out what your solution was. I have exactly the same situation. Fox 2.5's in front, ran em with 1" of lift for ever and they are great. Just upgraded to fresh 285 MT-R's and needed a bit more lift to clear the tires, bumped the foxes up to 2.75 and now it rides like dog shit. Bouncy, clunking all over the place, UCA almost maxed out sitting still... Frustration!

I need a bit of lift to clear the tires, but don't want it to ride like a f-Ing low rider mini truck!

Any solution to your issues?
Old 10-16-2013, 05:22 AM   #43
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
They may need a rebuild but most likely what your feeling is the lack of down travel? They're already extended to the point of only having 1.25" left before they're over extending. You could just trim up where it rubs and keep the lift low......think of a trophy truck with a lower center of gravity and big ass tires that fully stuff.

Could be a combination due to the tires, heavier compound/tire pressure, etc?