Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Swap Bilsteins From '10 to '13?

Old 09-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Swap Bilsteins From '10 to '13?

My 2010 SR5 Access cab was in an accident and I'm seriously considering getting a 2013 Access cab Sport to replace it, even though the '10 will be fully restored at the body shop.

In an effort to justify it to myself, I am thinking of all they things I can transfer from the '10 to the '13, such as WeatherTechs, In-Channel rain guards, etc.

My question is, the '10 has the rear TSB and Billies set at 1.75, I love the stance and would like the same on the Sport. The truck only has 29000 miles on it, and the Billies have been on for exactly one year. I used the stock coils on the Billies. So, to keep things as simple as possible I'm thinking of just doing a straight swap, the Sport would get the Billies and the coils from the '10 and vice versa.

Would you all do this, or spend the extra time and money to just get new Billies?

I'm also not sure if the '13 would look nose high with the stock rear springs. From my research I've found that the new Sports seem to come with 4 leafs from the factory, but at least one member here said they set the Billies at 1.75 and it seemed nose high to them.

Also, I'm not even sure yet if the setup is exactly the same, so it may not even be possible.

Comments?
Old 09-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Will prob be nose high but I haven't looked up pics. Lower them to .85 or get a progressive aal? That's a lot of work but would deff save you money!