Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

confused about suspension

Old 01-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down confused about suspension

i have the ivan stewart and no one from toyota has a clue wat there talking about.

i want to get a 3 inch lift with med coils in front and rear aals.

i know my tacoma is about 2 inches taller then the normal ones.

im not sure if its cause it naturally came taller cause the body? or its becuase they already added a suspension/body lift to it.

they didnt say anything about it so im not sure..

im kinda a noob about suspension so if anyone could tell me how i could find out that would be great.

and i have 5100's pretty sure their not the adjustable kind.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Post up some pics of your front shocks, and rear springs (near the axel).
Old 01-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
k i will tommorw
Old 01-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery

so im pretty sure i dont have a lift, but my tacomas a couple inches taller then normal tacomas.

i might have the adujustable 2 inch 5100's

can anyone help me out?
Old 01-14-2009, 04:48 PM   #6
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
ok thanks. so getting the toytec 3 inch lift wouldnt conflict with anything?

and it would install fine?
Old 01-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkhi View Post
ok thanks. so getting the toytec 3 inch lift wouldnt conflict with anything?

and it would install fine?
the shocks you have can be adjusted to 2.5" as they are. If you get the OME 3" springs, you would have to have the shocks adjusted down to the lowest setting.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:58 PM   #8
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
hmm im confused..

so if i get this lift.

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53

i would have to put my shocks all the way down. to normal and then the lift would only raise it to .5 inches above how high my shocks can go?
Old 01-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #10
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
ya those are wayy to expensive tho.

i guess ill just find out how to raise it the full 2.5 inches in front and 1 inch in the back. and slip on some 33's after my 31's wear out.

save me money and add about 3 inch lift.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:43 PM   #11
cfenn will become famous soon enough
cfenn's Tacoma Gallery
set at 2.5 will fit 33's with a little trimming
Old 01-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #12
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
from the pictures does it look likek their all the way adjusted?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:17 PM   #14
cfenn will become famous soon enough
cfenn's Tacoma Gallery
yeah that
Old 01-14-2009, 10:19 PM   #15
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
It looks to me like it's set at 1.75", so you have one more step up - 2.5"...

+1 agreed
Old 01-14-2009, 10:31 PM   #16
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
ok well thanks for the help guys!

but i have 1 more question

do u think its better to get coil overs and get the toytect

or adjust to 2.5 in the front and to 1 inch the back and get 33' to raise another 2 inches over time?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:43 PM   #17
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok well thanks for the help guys!

but i have 1 more question

do u think its better to get coil overs and get the toytect

or adjust to 2.5 in the front and to 1 inch the back and get 33' to raise another 2 inches over time?
You'll get a better ride with the coilovers for sure, but I can't tell you how rough your ride will be with the 5100s set at 2.5". I've heard it's kinda rough, but don't know that personally.

Something else to keep in mind is that if you go over 2", you'll need new UCAs to be able to get the alignment to spec. With the factory UCAs, you'll get pretty damned close, just not spec. There is widely varying reports here on TW as to the side effects of not replacing the UCAs - from nothing, to uneven tire wear, to jacked ball joints. Just something to keep in mind...
Old 01-14-2009, 10:47 PM   #18
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
ok well i'll set them to 2.5 and test it out for a while i will keep you updated to.

do i just jack it up and turn it to 2.5?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:51 PM   #19
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
Quote:
ok well i'll set them to 2.5 and test it out for a while i will keep you updated to.
Remember if you go adjusting your suspension like that you are going to need an alignment.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #20
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
waht do u mean?