Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need new coils with 5100's?

Old 09-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
Nexxus is on a distinguished road
Name: Triston
Nexxus's Tacoma Gallery
Need new coils with 5100's?

Hey, sorry for the derp question, but if I were wanting to simply level my truck with the Bili 5100's, would I need new coils also, or could I just buy the shocks and set to level, with old coils? What i'm really looking for is a level ride, with maybe a 1.5-2" lift from stock. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

T
Old 09-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
SWtacomaSW is on a distinguished road

Name: Keegan
SWtacomaSW's Tacoma Gallery
You can use your old coils. You will need a spring compressor if you are doing it yourself, unless.... you like to live on the wild side.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #3
Twat did you say?
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a trd offroad or sport or sr5? And just set them at 1.75 and you will be level with the rear...
Old 09-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
Nexxus's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, thanks for the quick replies. I have the TRD offroad...
Old 09-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
Twat did you say?
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
OK your coils when compressed will be slightly stiffer, most guys dont mind it at all... If you dont like it you can either get a set of stock trd sport or sr5 coils, or either get some eibach coils...
Old 09-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
OME 883 or Elbach lift coils should do what u need. set the 5100's at the lowest setting. I have the 883's and the ride is way smoother then when I had the 5100's and stock coils compressed.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
REDRIDER98999 is on a distinguished road

REDRIDER98999's Tacoma Gallery
I have the trd offroad set @ 1.75 and I don't think it is to stiff, just better control.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #8
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
set at the first setting and get eibach coils and you will have a level truck that rides like a dream
Old 09-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
OME 883 or Elbach lift coils should do what u need. set the 5100's at the lowest setting. I have the 883's and the ride is way smoother then when I had the 5100's and stock coils compressed.
x2 on the OME or Eibach coils although you can reuse your stock coils and get your lift that way.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
OP, it helps to know what year, (1st gen , 2nd gen ?? )
Damn, yeah, most of the advise above is for 2nd Gens. If you have a 1st Gen, disregard.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
Nexxus's Tacoma Gallery
Yea 2nd gen . 2011 access cab.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #13
Nexxus's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for all the tips!