Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear spring packs

Old 01-14-2009, 09:13 AM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i know allpro has 1.5" and 3" replacement packs that are for ride and flex....take away from the payload. i'm planning on getting the 3" complete rear kit next month
Old 01-14-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Both Alcan and Deaver make custom made springs and both offer great flex, but I can't recall which ones actually decreases payload. Dakar makes great stuff too.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Any spring pack that increases flex, will detract from payload. The Deavers and Alcans are the best for what your looking for. They replace the overload leaf, thus giveing more flex, but, that takes away load capacity.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #8
Hardcore wheeler, try and keep up.... if you can.
SnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud of

SnoBoarder's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered Dakars today after doing the same research you are doing. The reviews I've read state that the Dakars handle loads well, flex well and ride nice, so they seemed to offer everything I wanted in a leaf pack. I'm hoping they meet my expectations.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #9
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Any spring pack that increases flex, will detract from payload. The Deavers and Alcans are the best for what your looking for. They replace the overload leaf, thus giveing more flex, but, that takes away load capacity.
How much does it take away? In other words, what could I haul now that I couldn't haul if I got those?
Old 01-14-2009, 09:51 AM   #11
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Both Alcan and Deaver make custom made springs and both offer great flex, but I can't recall which ones actually decreases payload. Dakar makes great stuff too.
The Deavers do. Alcans are more for towing. They give good off road flex to, but are a little stiffer. Dreavers give great flex! But don't expect to ride level with anything in the bed. I was looking at the Dakars too, but I have not heared of anyone running them or what the ride is like. Suposed to be good though.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #12
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Red Taco View Post
Throw some chevy springs under there. chevy springs on 2nd gen
That guy's setup looks sketchy as hell!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:53 AM   #13
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
That guy's setup looks sketchy as hell!
OMG! No shit!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
How much does it take away? In other words, what could I haul now that I couldn't haul if I got those?
No idea. You could probably haul the same as you can now, but it would just be resting on the bump stops.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #16
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
No idea. You could probably haul the same as you can now, but it would just be resting on the bump stops.
That would suck! Rough as hell I would imagine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskill View Post
Both Deaver and Alcan make "custom" springs. When I called Alcan the guy asked me if I wanted the "norm" they offer our trucks, or they would build custom ones to my specs. You could just have them build you a stronger spring than they normaly offer.
Would that defeat the purpose if I asked them to make them stronger?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #20
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Dakars, they ride nice. They are firmer then stock by a bit, but they haul a load and flex much better then stock. In all I couldn't be much happier with them. They have 2 overload springs and you can get another spring to give you more load and lift if you need.