1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UCA Bolts backwards and toytec spacer/ome 885 swap problems

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Burritos Taco, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Sep 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM
    Burritos Taco

Burritos Taco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB 4x4 6sp
    Bilstein 5100s set at 1, 5160s rear,URD MAF calibrator, KN 63 series,DT Longtubes,Magnaflow cats, Walker Quiet Flow muffler, 2x Vibrant ultra quite resonators, TRD quickshifter
    I went in the shop(can rent space and tools) today with a friend to fix my driver side axle leak and upgrade my springs to 885s and ucas to LR ucas.

We started with the passenger side. Truck is a 2005 DCSB 4x4 6sp

1) I currently have Toytec spacers installed on top of Billy 5100s (did the 5100s a few months ago)

I want to install the 885s, my question is do I have the correct parts (although longer bolts) to install the 885s without any problems just by removing the spacers?

Looks like this:
    [​IMG]

These are the parts:
    [​IMG]

Together: (washer and bushing to left goes underneath)
    [​IMG]

Also these spring compressors were not strong enough to pull the 885s down, they locked up. The guy at the shop said he will get stronger ones.
    [​IMG]

2) The big problem:

I guess the suspension on this truck was built on a Friday, before the body was put on the frame, because the UCA bolts ARE BACKWARDS

No way I can get them off without cutting through them.

Does anyone know the bolt specs? There is a decent nut and bolt shop here that might have them, but I need the specs.

Drivers side:
    [​IMG]

Passenger side:
    [​IMG]

So I spent 3.5 hours at the shop doing nothing.

1) Do I have the right parts to remove the spacers and install the ome 885s without problems, other than longer bolts?

2) I can cut through the UCA bolts but need new ones, does anyone have the bolts specs?

Thanks in advance TW.

Has anyone ever heard of these backwards UCA bolts before?

2. Sep 16, 2012 at 1:55 PM
    JonnyBb

JonnyBb I have to return some videotapes

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro (upgrade from my 2nd gen)
    Work in progress, but mods so far; OTT 7.0 tune, 255/85/16 Falken WildPeak M/Ts
  3. Sep 16, 2012 at 2:01 PM
    TherealScuba

TherealScuba Sober Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    99 Single Cab 4x4
    The UCA bolt is not backwards.
    You can even see on our LT kit instructions they come out and go in the same way. Yes, you may have to remove the battery.
    Yes, you may have to remove the air box.
    Yes, you may have to deform some sheet metal to get the flange of the bolt around the body.

But, it will come out.

4. Sep 16, 2012 at 2:02 PM
    JonnyBb

JonnyBb I have to return some videotapes

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro (upgrade from my 2nd gen)
    Work in progress, but mods so far; OTT 7.0 tune, 255/85/16 Falken WildPeak M/Ts
  5. Sep 16, 2012 at 2:08 PM
    Burritos Taco

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB 4x4 6sp
    Bilstein 5100s set at 1, 5160s rear,URD MAF calibrator, KN 63 series,DT Longtubes,Magnaflow cats, Walker Quiet Flow muffler, 2x Vibrant ultra quite resonators, TRD quickshifter
    That is a LONG bolt, even if I move that AC line out of the way and bend the fender I don't see if making it most of the way out. Just too much stuff in the way.

Drivers side looks more doable but they are still too long, with that washer in the way it makes it worse.

Passenger:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drivers:
    [​IMG]

edit: thanks for the part number

6. Sep 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    You can cut the bolts , replace them with OEM and reinstall backwards , no ?

7. Sep 16, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    Burritos Taco

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB 4x4 6sp
    Now that I have the part number I will just cut them and order the bolts, so yeah.

Simple enough.

8. Sep 16, 2012 at 7:26 PM
    TeamLombardo

TeamLombardo WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    El Paso
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD Off-Road 4x4
    OME 886x, OME Trim Packer, OME Shocks, Dakars, Toytec Shims, LR UCAs, CB Drop, Demello Sliders, Pelfreybilt Plate Bumper, Warn VR8000-s, RI 20" LED, RI Duallys, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Liners, SS Brake Lines Front/Back, BHLM, Anytime Fogs, CV Boot Mod, 20% Tint, Stubby Antenna, Salex Console Organizer, Derped Grill/Badges
    I got the bolts from the dealer, but never ended up using them cause I just bent the fender a smidge and fanagled them out. Piece of pie....:frusty:

9. Sep 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Yeah, theres no need to cut them. Ive done it on 4 different tacomas, and all werent bad at all. Bend the fender and keep the washer up against the UCA while your getting it out.
    I used a long 1/4" extention as a punch, with a hammer pounding the extention threw to help force the bolt out.

And as for the parts. It looks like you have every thing. Ditch the spacer but you can keep the 1/4" top plate spacer in to give you 3"s of lift. The 885's will give about 2.5-2.75"...

Oh and do this instead.. Dont use spring compressors. This way is much easier and safer.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vkVLBOnAifc

10. Aug 19, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    bobbey555

bobbey555 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    georgia
    Vehicle:
    13 tacoma double cab
    Plasti dipped badges, hid fog and head lights, BHLM
    Bend the metal with channel locks and unclip the wires that are in the path of the bolt. I did mine yesterday and didnt have to take out anything expect the UCA bolt.

Products Discussed in

To Top