1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 stock ride height

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by geoff7877, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Sep 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    2012 4x4 DCSB TRD Off Road
    Center of hub to wheel well, 5/8 tank of gas, no bitches, beer or random bs in the back, passenger side

Front = 20 3/4
    Rear = 21 1/2

In the past I have measured distance from the ground to the frame rail behind the front tire and then in front of the rear tire to determine how level the actual chassis is. This removes body design from the equation but doesn't help in understanding tire clearance issues.

2. Nov 30, 2014 at 3:57 PM
    Zebinator

Zebinator Well-Known Member

Member:
    Norcal
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Hi - first post...

Getting around to sorting out my '09, which looks soooo droopy in the front. Measures 19" hub center to bottom edge of fender. Been searching pretty hard for info on stock ride height but have not found a whole lot of clear info. Doesn't Toyota have a spec for checking wear on the coils?

Anyway, seems i have lost 1.5" over stock ride height. Does that sound right?

Purchased 5100's but am thinking i need springs now too. Should i get springs that are 1.5 over? (planning on adding a bumper winch later, so having the adjustability seems like a good idea)

Thanks!

Z

Toyota.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top