Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2012 stock ride height

Old 09-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
geoff7877 has a spectacular aura aboutgeoff7877 has a spectacular aura about

geoff7877's Tacoma Gallery
2012 stock ride height

Between all 4x4 options, (and I guess prerunner) is the stock ride height the same between a base model, SR5 and TRD Off Road? I would assume the sport is higher to support the 17" wheels.

I guess I could do a deep search but I'd rather have someone bitch that I didn't do a search!
Old 09-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The TRD Sport tires and the TRD Offroad tires are the same diameter
Old 09-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
SR5 has 245/75/16 tires and TRD off road has 265/70/16 so I wouldn't think it would be same height
Old 09-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
no. just cause the wheels are bigger does not mean you need a larger lift. the sport has a smaller aspect ratio on the tire. aspect ratio is the second series of number on a tire size designation... for example

245/75/16 same as a 265/70/17

245/265 is width in mm, 75/70 is the percent of 245/265 which accounts for the sidewall height, then the rim size. notice how the percentage is different? that accounts for the size difference of the wheel so the overall height is the same
Old 09-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!
TeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Tony
TeamLombardo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgroce View Post
SR5 has 245/75/16 tires and TRD off road has 265/70/16 so I wouldn't think it would be same height
When using the tire calculator they come out to be the same. I am no tiremathologist, but I believe OZ-T is correct.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLombardo View Post
When using the tire calculator they come out to be the same. I am no tiremathologist, but I believe OZ-T is correct.
I too believe OZ-T is correct but on TRD Sport/OR those tires are 265/70/16 and 265/65/17 right? How would a 245 be same height? Although it is a 75 series
Old 09-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #7
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Deep Search?

www.toyota.com has the info
Old 09-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
TeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Quote:
I too believe OZ-T is correct but on TRD Sport/OR those tires are 265/70/16 and 265/65/17 right? How would a 245 be same height? Although it is a 75 series
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
no. just cause the wheels are bigger does not mean you need a larger lift. the sport has a smaller aspect ratio on the tire. aspect ratio is the second series of number on a tire size designation... for example

245/75/16 same as a 265/70/17

245/265 is width in mm, 75/70 is the percent of 245/265 which accounts for the sidewall height, then the rim size. notice how the percentage is different? that accounts for the size difference of the wheel so the overall height is the same

Mine is a TRD O/R and it came with 265/70/16. When comparing mine against the 245/75/16 they come out to be the same diameter. 245 is the width, not height.

Pretaco explained it here. Look at his post
Old 09-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #9
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhh I see, makes sense
Old 09-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #10

Army:
Quote:
Ahhh I see, makes sense
Yeah, its a common misunderstanding. I fell victim to the numbers as well, but that was when I was like 16 .
Old 09-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #11
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
Any height variation between 245X75-16 and 265X70-16 is going to be very small, so your speedometer readings will remain fairly close.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #12
geoff7877 has a spectacular aura aboutgeoff7877 has a spectacular aura about

geoff7877's Tacoma Gallery
So suspension (lift) wise, they're all the same set up pretty much? Great info by the way. Thanks for the great answers!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #13
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff7877 View Post
So suspension (lift) wise, they're all the same set up pretty much? Great info by the way. Thanks for the great answers!
my 2012 Sport w/ tsb is approx 1.5" higher in the rear than my 2010 SR5 was before tsb.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:00 AM   #14
cleveland48 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
cleveland48's Tacoma Gallery
I just measured my 2012 dcsb TRD off road.
Front dr side 20.25
Front pas side 20.50
Rear dr 21.50
Rear pas 21.50 mine has the 3 leaf pack is this bout normal? Needing to know gonna call today and check on a 1.5 AAL and 5100's set at 1.75. I wasn't sure how to measure so I measured center of wheel to center of fender. Thanks for any help
Old 09-18-2012, 03:16 AM   #15

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleveland48 View Post
I just measured my 2012 dcsb TRD off road.
Front dr side 20.25
Front pas side 20.50
Rear dr 21.50
Rear pas 21.50 mine has the 3 leaf pack is this bout normal? Needing to know gonna call today and check on a 1.5 AAL and 5100's set at 1.75. I wasn't sure how to measure so I measured center of wheel to center of fender. Thanks for any help
A recommended way of measuring is from hub center to bottom of fender edge/lip.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:20 AM   #16
cleveland48 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
cleveland48's Tacoma Gallery
Does those measurements seem to short to u Lombardo? I was just trying to get ball park just got off work and it's dark out side also what to u think of the 1.5 AAL and 5100 set at 1.75?? Should be pretty close maybe little nose high u think?
Old 09-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #17
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
20 - 20 1/4" is pretty standard hub to fender up front for a stock Tacoma
Old 09-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #18
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
2012 4x4 Sport

hub center to fender (approx)
front = 20 1/4"
rear = 22 1/2"
Old 09-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #19
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLombardo View Post
Yeah, its a common misunderstanding. I fell victim to the numbers as well, but that was when I was like 16 .
Heck I've been 16 for the past 15 yrs now
Old 09-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #20
2012 Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Navy: Attack Squadron 82
Name: Todd
2012 Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
2012 SR5 4 x 4
Center of hub to wheel well

Front = 20 1/2
Rear = 22 1/4