Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

My 3 inch lift

Old 09-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
Patmac has a spectacular aura aboutPatmac has a spectacular aura about

Name: Pat
Patmac's Tacoma Gallery
My 3 inch lift

finished doing my lift saturday took about 6 hours.... this is 5100 all around, ome 885x coils, toytec top plate spacer, 2" aal (sense i dont have tsb)

i have stock tires on (for now) with the 17x9 XD Revolvers, will post pictures when the 285s are on at the end of the week

Truck rides better then stock (IMO) completely with every cent!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
so those are 265/65/17?

And thanks! this is exactly what I wanted to see....AC....5100......885s.....top plate. My leafs are shot so im gonna grab a new pack in the back.

UCAs stock? Alignment? And can you measure the center of hub to bottom of fender? Do you have a lean from left to right?

Looks awesome
Old 09-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #3

Patmac's Tacoma Gallery
yeah they are, stock uca, ill do alighnment when i get the 285s on. rear was around 37 inch and front was a little less then 37. did u want exact? and i have no lean
Old 09-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #5

Patmac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotcha88 View Post
Is that the 3/4" spacer??
yes
Old 09-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
choppachris is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
choppachris's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great, can't wait to see it with 285s. I have a '11 AC and just ordered my 5100s and OME 885s. Sub'd
Old 09-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #7

Patmac's Tacoma Gallery
thanks choppa!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #8
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac View Post
yeah they are, stock uca, ill do alighnment when i get the 285s on. rear was around 37 inch and front was a little less then 37. did u want exact? and i have no lean
I was looking for the exact on the fronts.............if you dont mind? Measure from the center of the hub on the rim to the bottom of the fender on both sides. I want to see your lift numbers using the toyec 3/4" top plate. I am getting spacers and really need to be exact to get the proper stance. Thankyou

if you could do the rear too cool.....not so concerned about rear but it would help.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #9

Patmac's Tacoma Gallery
i got 23.5 from center of hub to bottom of fender in the front both sides and 24 inch in the rear
Old 09-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #11
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Come check in HERE if you haven't yet
Old 09-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #13

Patmac's Tacoma Gallery
everything was ordered from toytec! and the wheels from 4wheelonline.com
Old 09-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #15

Patmac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namyo View Post
Looks good! Come check in HERE if you haven't yet
i did a couple months back. conversations go so fast i cant ever keep up! looking forward to the next meet! i missed the last one
Old 09-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac View Post
i got 23.5 from center of hub to bottom of fender in the front both sides and 24 inch in the rear
great thanks
Old 09-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #17
It driving good for ya with the stock UCAs? No vibes or shutters?

Im grabbing that spacer now cuz 23.5 is exactly 3" over my stock truck.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #18

Patmac's Tacoma Gallery
i think the truck rides better with the new parts, tho i havnt banged around off road with it yet. i have steering wheel shaking but i believe thats from a crummy balancing job on the old tires w/ new rims. well see if the they're still there after a legitimate balance job when the new tires go on... also, when i slowly take off, there's a small vibe, im pretty sure its the carrier bearing angle tho. when i lifted my f250 6"s, i dropped the carrier on that thing and it went away. i ordered the drop bracket kit just didnt feel like messing with it...(easiest part of the whole job) ill keep yall posted on what goes on...
Old 09-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #19
Ok ya..........at 2" rear lift your gonna want the CB drop prob. Im prob gonna grab axel shims as well so if I have(which i will i think) a take off shudder or vibe im gonna install them. You didnt do a diff drop either huh? Im still on the fence although it seems that its not necessary is the concensus.

Def keep us posted.

This is the same spacer you used and the longer studs right? I have 885s and 5100s already. This is all I need right?
http://www.trdparts4u.com/scripts/pr...dproduct=-6403
Old 09-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #20

Patmac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD6Speed View Post
Ok ya..........at 2" rear lift your gonna want the CB drop prob. Im prob gonna grab axel shims as well so if I have(which i will i think) a take off shudder or vibe im gonna install them. You didnt do a diff drop either huh? Im still on the fence although it seems that its not necessary is the concensus.

Def keep us posted.

This is the same spacer you used and the longer studs right? I have 885s and 5100s already. This is all I need right?
http://www.trdparts4u.com/scripts/pr...dproduct=-6403
yeah man thats what i got. im gona install the cb drop kit and ill update weather the vibes go or not. i read issues with the diff drop (the guy did some extreme offroading and f**ked up incredibly) so im prob not gona do it. my cv boots look fine....