Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Squeaky LR UCAs

Old 09-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
SteveoATC is on a distinguished road

SteveoATC's Tacoma Gallery
Squeaky LR UCAs

I had a pair of LR UCAs installed with my lift about 3 weeks ago an ever since they were installed they have squeaked BAD. Like every time I go over any size bump bad. And it's like an old rusty door squeak, loud and obnoxious.

I bought the LR ones because I head read how they are supposed to be maintenance free and not squeak. It appears they are the exact opposite! Anyone else have this problem or any way to fix the severe squeaking?
Old 09-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Are you sure it's the UCA's ?

Are they the new bushing type

Have you checked to see if something is rubbing ?
Old 09-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery

im seriously about to swipe my card and I read this.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #4
BRONSON is on a distinguished road

BRONSON's Tacoma Gallery
If you have the newer Spec Ride bushings I would strongly suspect that they weren't greased properly or at all prior to installation. A grease packet should have been included with your UCAs, to be applied liberally inside the bushings before slipping in the sleeve, as well as on the sides contacting the included washers. Without the grease you'll definitely have squeaking.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #5
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
I greased the every-living piss out of bushings before I installed my LR UCA's and about a month later they began squeaking horribly. Used every last but of grease that was supplied with em. It is really loud and annoying but what can I do...get used to it I guess. Mine hasn't been through any mud or Anything either, guess the dust particles migrated their way in.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
mine dont squeak
Old 10-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #7
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroTundra View Post
I greased the every-living piss out of bushings before I installed my LR UCA's and about a month later they began squeaking horribly. Used every last but of grease that was supplied with em. It is really loud and annoying but what can I do...get used to it I guess. Mine hasn't been through any mud or Anything either, guess the dust particles migrated their way in.
Mine don't squeak at all , maybe you have another issue
Old 10-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Mine don't squeak at all , maybe you have another issue

^^^
this
Old 10-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #9
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Check the lower shock mount. I thought for months my uca's were the issue, no matter how much cleaning and greasing I did nothing would help. come to find out it was the lower strut mount. Loosen the bolt, take it out, grease inside the strut mount, re-assemble.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #10
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

All you that don't have squeaking...do you have the new SpecRide bushings? It's hard for me to believe its anything but the bushings since that's the only thing that changed on the front end prior to the noise. Also, the squeak is consistent with the compression of the truck thus the movement of the UCA's. I may try the shock bolt but kinda not convinced. Will update once I find the culprit, if I work up the interest in finding it
Old 10-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #11

Quote:
All you that don't have squeaking...do you have the new SpecRide bushings? It's hard for me to believe its anything but the bushings since that's the only thing that changed on the front end prior to the noise. Also, the squeak is consistent with the compression of the truck thus the movement of the UCA's. I may try the shock bolt but kinda not convinced. Will update once I find the culprit, if I work up the interest in finding it

another thing you might wanna check is the sway bar if you still have it installed
Old 10-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #12

Chucked it long ago
Old 10-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have the old style bushings , no squeak
Old 10-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #14
Tuctaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Todd
Tuctaco's Tacoma Gallery
New style no squeak.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #15
vincevs is on a distinguished road

Name: Vince
vincevs's Tacoma Gallery
Did you find the squeak? I have a feeling its my LR UCAs.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #16
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully I don't have any squeaks in mine. Just shipped out yesterday.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #17
SteveoATC is on a distinguished road

SteveoATC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
another thing you might wanna check is the sway bar if you still have it installed

This guy right here is the winner. Took it to my local truck shop, had them look it over, and apparently the sway bar was rubbing really bad. He fab'd something up for me to push it out just an inch or so, and now it's all good. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem. The shop owner thought it was weird that there was no sway bar relocate included with the lift.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:49 AM   #18
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
OME claims you don't need it. Wheelers tried to talk me out of getting one. I ordered one anyway just to be safe. Glad it wasn't the UCAs, you had me a bit nervous.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #19
vincevs is on a distinguished road

Name: Vince
vincevs's Tacoma Gallery
Turns out the dealership did not grease the main bolt. Now they sprayed it full of spray lube as a quick fix even when I told them to make sure to use the correct provided grease. Ah well... Looks like I got two problems as the uppers squeak and the sway bar rubs. I started a new thread to find out how to fix it. Radflo said you don't need a relocation kit with a 2" and provides them with a 2.5" set. Here is the new thread.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=282279
Old 06-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincevs View Post
Turns out the dealership did not grease the main bolt. Now they sprayed it full of spray lube as a quick fix even when I told them to make sure to use the correct provided grease. Ah well... Looks like I got two problems as the uppers squeak and the sway bar rubs. I started a new thread to find out how to fix it. Radflo said you don't need a relocation kit with a 2" and provides them with a 2.5" set. Here is the new thread.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=282279
What main bolt ?

The UCA bolt ?